S33K3R

The Brain-mirror Neurons

3 posts in this topic

Science has discovered a neuron called "mirror neuron". This neuron evolved long ago when a distant relative of ours found it beneficial for the species to come together in communities. In order for the animals to survive they developed this neuron to reduce fighting and internal societal struggles. 

What this neuron does is interesting. For example, when you see someone doing an activity your brain reacts as if it was you doing the activity. This is the actual cause for things like empathy. 

This neuron is also responsible for humans having the need for other humans to approve. What the neuron does is when someone validates something you have said the neuron actually triggers the release of dopamine. If someone does not validate what you have said the neuron triggers cortisol to release. 

This is literally the physiological reason we get offended when someone doesnt validate us. I find this fascinating. Anyone have any input?

Therefore rationality and emotional resilience work the same way. Whatever you are doing at any given time you are modifying your brain to become better at it. So self awareness is something that just needs training in the brain. 

When the brain has become threatened, defensive, offended. This triggers the persons brain to switch gears almost and the brain actually starts using a more primitive side of the brain. This is why people (defensive, trolls, anyone emotionally imbalanced etc) appear to lose rationality and reason. Our brain has a choice on how to react. Jump into the primitive pit and duke it out. Or look at what this person is and watch our desire and reactions to see how our brain is naturally trained. Then make a decision on our actions with awareness. 

If you start to see these people for what they are it is common to pity the lack of awareness they have. 

I posted this so that people can have a scientific view on what happens when a troll pisses someone off haha :P having a physical understanding of things for me has helped take the emotions right out of my interactions on these situations :D