nexusoflife

What Would Space Exploration Be Like If All Of The Space Agencies Of The World Teamed Up And Had An Unlimited Budget?

3 posts in this topic

As much as I think about life, existence and the universe I can't help but think that after we sort ourselves out here on earth and establish technological and ecological mutualism between humanity and the biosphere that our ultimate destiny as a species is the exploration and colonization of other celestial bodies in our solar system and beyond. This got me thinking about where space exploration would be today if barriers such as money, politics and ideology were not factors in space exploration. Does anyone else here think about such things, if so i'd like to know what you think.

We are far more advanced in space exploration than what we have been told. Many UFO sightings are most likely man made advanced machines. 

It's hard to tell whether humanity will ever get to a place where we are totally fine with the way the world is, and are only concerned with space exploration. Like anything else, there will be those who are passionate about exploring space and extending our human footprint across lightyears and others who are attracted to other pusuits. The biggest hurdle with colonzing other planets is creating a machine that reconstructs molecules in the atmosphere to mimic earth's, allowing us to survive without helmets. The other major hurdle is having enough intelligent people who are dedicated to constructing a new world. The other hurdle is finding a way to get to planets close to the speed of light, as anything slower than that could take centuries or millenia just to reach the next closest inhabitable planet. Resources seem like a low priority in the long-term for this field, where intelligence and creativity and passion from people like you and me are what we really need.

I also don't necessarily believe that colonizing other planets is our "ultimate destiny." We may get to a point in the future where colonizing planets is as mundane and boring as playing with legos. Or we may never get to that point and our ultimate destiny is just to eat, sleep, fornicate, and die.