Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epiphany_Inspired

People Seem Crazy, For Brain-injured

1 post in this topic

Hey fellow injured-brain-actualizers. I know I've spoken to at least a couple of you in other threads. What did you think of the TBI info in Leo's new: why people seem crazy episode? How does this relate to you? What part of your brain was injured, and how do you think this effects your personal wiring? Have any of you read the book Leo mentioned (therapy recommended?) and what do you find most beneficial in overcoming, adapting to, or harmonizing with your TBI? Let's discuss moving into new brains with neuro-plasticity...maybe there is some benefit to injury in re-wiring yucky subconscious stuff?

For me, my favorite BI part was the dwarf circus!!! Although I do not actually hallucinate like that, I can sort of project vague "holograms" onto reality at will...and those are the types of things I might imagine...lol....I only just recently (a few months ago) found out that all humans don't have this ability...I feel blessed to have such a powerful visual imagination...my injury is mostly in my frontal cortex (but my jello-brain smashed back and forth in my skull a bunch, plus I went unconscious)..., anyway, this effects me significantly:

Pros: less concern/ no more OCD with order/ planning/ etc, increased "wildness" and extroversion at times, slower speech (although still too fast for some), less inhibition can laugh boisterously or cry etc, increased rebellion, can "go with the flow", can  appreciate synchronicity more, etc..

Cons: Decade of concussion symptoms, issues blocking out distractions/ concentrating/ regulating behaviour and emotions/ filtering speech for offenses etc, remembering on demand... increased anxiety/ occasionally panic etc without control, triggers related to event and aftermath, photographic memory almost gone, less ideas per minute, increased negative thought spirals, far-far-far less motivation/ drive/ passion etc, more judgemental, atrocious decision making/ self-efficacy, etc...

So, that I don't end with cons, I just wanted to add how stoked I was on Leo's tolerance and embracing of diversity (although we don't say "retarded" anymore ...but I am not PC at all either, I say much worse things unintentionally all the time...lol...).

brain[1].jpg