Zane

Tantra

7 posts in this topic

I'm asexual yet yesterday, I looked at a book on tantra and the subject peaked my curiosity. What fascinates me about tantra is finding the deep intimacy and the union of souls and the emotional ecstacy of it. My mind is intrigued by this possibility. I had a Tantric experience while cuddling a girl on my bed and it felt so deeply relaxing and almost mystical. It felt like this flow state and I felt like I had this natural charisma being expressed. Regarding tantra, I want to learn more deeply about it and focus on applying it in my life but finding a way to apply it to my asexuality. I'm also discovering how I have a natural charisma and gravitate towards eccentrics and people on the Autism Spectrum. Tantra feels like a crystal clear insight by combining intimacy with ecstacy. I'm focusing on seeking out AMAZING experiences that leave you buzzing and vibrating with ecstacy or where you're overwhelmed with laughter and childlike bliss. 

The book of secrets by Osho did this for me :D It is all about Tantra. It covers 112 different meditation techniques that were described in an ancient book called Vigyan Bhairav which I cant remember the translation haha 

5 hours ago, S33K3R said:

ancient book called Vigyan Bhairav which I cant remember the translation

The Book of the Secrets : by Osho, The original series of 80 discourses were simply called ”Vigyan Bhairav Tantra” published as ”Vigyan Bhairav Tantra Volumes 1 and 2. (free download in pdf format)

http://www.oshorajneesh.com/download/osho-books/Tantra/Vigyan_Bhairav_Tantra_Volume_1.pdf

http://www.oshorajneesh.com/download/osho-books/Tantra/Vigyan_Bhairav_Tantra_Volume_2.pdf

In this comprehensive and practical guide, the secrets of the ancient science of Tantra become available to a contemporary audience for the first time. Confined to small, hidden mystery schools for centuries, and often misunderstood and misinterpreted today. Tantra is not just a collection of techniques to enhance sexual experience. As Osho shows in these pages, it is a complete science of self-realization, based on the cumulative wisdom of centuries of exploration into the meaning of life and consciousness. Tantra-the very word means "technique"-is a set of powerful, transformative tools that can be used to bring new meaning and joy to every aspect of our daily lives.

I've always been a bit uncertain about tantra. In my experience guys I know who practice it always do so mess with their sex to a extent that I find unhealthy, in other words they would on a regular basis have uninterrupted  sex for 3-5 hours and cause injury to them self and their partner.

They often become obsessed with it, it seems targeted for spiritual people and they seem able they do it in moderation but a lot of people can't. Would really like to "see" people focus more on the non-mechanical aspect.

Edited by Spiral

8 minutes ago, Spiral said:

guys I know who practice it always do so mess with their sex to a extent that I find unhealthy

Tantra Says, First Purify the Body

"Tantra says, first purify the body – purify it of all repressions. Allow the body energy to flow, remove the blocks. It is very difficult to come across a person who has no blocks, it is very difficult to come across a person whose body is not tight. Loosen this tightness; this tension is blocking your energy, the flow cannot be possible with this tension. Why is everybody so uptight? Why can't you relax? Have you seen a cat sleeping, dozing in the afternoon? How simply and how beautifully the cat relaxes. Can't you relax the same way? You toss and turn in your bed; you can't relax. And the beauty of the cat's relaxation is that it relaxes utterly and yet is perfectly alert. A slight movement in the room and it will open its eyes, it will jump and be ready. It is not that it is just asleep. The cat's sleep is something to be learned; man has forgotten. 

"Tantra says: Learn from the cats – how they sleep, how they relax, how they live in a non-tense way. And the whole animal world lives in that non-tense way. Man has to learn this, because man has been conditioned wrongly, man has been programmed wrongly." 

Osho, Tantric Transformation, Talk #7

"Tantra is the natural way to God, the normal way to God. The object is to become so completely instinctual, so mindless, that we merge with ultimate nature – that the woman disappears and becomes a door for the ultimate, the man disappears and becomes a door for the ultimate. 

"This is the tantric definition of our sexuality: the return to absolute innocence, absolute oneness. The greatest sexual thrill of all is not a search for thrills, but a silent waiting – utterly relaxed, utterly mindless. One is conscious, conscious only of being conscious. One is consciousness. One is contented but there is no content to it. And then there is great beauty, great benediction. 

"The questioner asks: 'What is tantric sex…a sex which is a meditation based on certain techniques?'

"If you are too technique oriented you will miss the mystery of Tantra. It is pseudo-Tantra that is based on techniques because if techniques are there, ego will be there, controlling. Then you will be doing it – and doing is the problem, doing brings the doer. Tantra has to be a non-doing; it cannot be technical. You can learn techniques – you can learn a certain breathing so that coitus can become longer. If you breathe very, very slowly, if you breathe without any hurry, then coitus will become longer, but you are controlling. It will not be wild and it will not be innocent, and it will not be meditation either. It will be mind – how can it be meditation? The mind will be controlling. You cannot even breathe fast, you have to keep your breathing slow – if the breathing is slow then ejaculation will take a longer time, because for ejaculation to happen the breathing has to be fast and chaotic. Now, this is technique but not Tantra.

"Tantra is not technique but prayer. Is not head oriented but a relaxation into the heart. Please remember it. Many books have been written on Tantra, they all talk about technique but the real Tantra has nothing to do with technique. The real Tantra cannot be written about, the real Tantra has to be imbibed. How to imbibe real Tantra? You will have to transform your whole approach. 

"Pray with your woman, sing with your woman, play with your woman, dance with your woman, with no idea of sex. Don't go on thinking, 'When are we going to bed?' Forget about it. Do something else and get lost into it. And some day love will arise out of that being lost, suddenly you will see that you are making love and you are not making it. It is happening, you are possessed by it. Then you have your first Tantra experience – possessed by something bigger than you. You were dancing or you were singing together or you were chanting together or you were praying together or meditating together, and suddenly you find you both have moved into a new space. And you don't know when you have started making love; you don't remember either. Then you are being possessed by Tantra energy. And then for the first time you will see a non-technical experience." 

Osho, This Very Body the Buddha, Vol. 1, Talk #8

@Prabhaker that is absolutely stunning. Thank you deeply. That is definitely not in the book of secrets. Its so different from the book of secrets approach, that book is so technique oriented..... I haven't read any of Osho's other books ? I love the guy deeply but I spent years taking in that single book. Slowly page by page. 

This is just beautiful.... Thanks for sharing!

Edited by S33K3R

3 minutes ago, S33K3R said:

I spent years taking in that single book. Slowly page by page. 

Books were not written by Osho, but are verbatim transcripts of his discourses; darshans (intimate talks with disciples), interviews with disciples, visitors, and journalists; letters written by Osho; and personal talks which Osho gave. Many are translations from Hindi books.

Listen to his Videos and Audios too, there are available on internet/ YouTube for free. 

Osho said that

“I don't speak to teach something; I speak to create something. These are not lectures; these are simply a device for you to become silent, because if you are told to become silent without making any effort you will find great difficulty.”

" My words keep you awake, and just between the words I give you gaps. And those are the real, essential things. Waiting for another word, you have to listen to silence.

"These discourses are the foundations of your meditation. I am crazy, but not that crazy that I should go on speaking four hours a day if it does not help you in meditation! "

“How to give people a taste of meditation was my basic reason to speak, so I can go on speaking eternally — it does not matter what I am saying. All that matters is that I give you a few chances to be silent, which you find difficult on your own in the beginning.”

“I am making you aware of silences without any effort on your part. My speaking is for the first time being used as a strategy to create silence in you.”

“I don't have any doctrine; my talking is really a process of dehypnosis. Just listening to me, slowly, slowly you will be free of all the programs that the society has forced you to believe in.”

“These are not ordinary discourses or talks. I am not interested in any philosophy or any political ideology. I am interested directly in transforming you.”