Progress

Marinating Our Future

2 posts in this topic

[Marinating your Future] There is usually one way people deal with their problems, they actually deal with them, or try too. However if you take a step back there is an intricate web of reasons why the problem exists in the first place. Sure you could also deal with the arteries of the problems web but have you ever took note of what your environment is like.

What does it feel like most of the time, outside your thoughts? What is the vibe like? Does the vibe of this environment meet what the environment produces? For example: a damp, cold and crowded room. If I were to put someone in there for a week what would they turn out like? On the polar end, What if I put them in a meadow with a cozy cottage? They would be at peace and enjoying the scene assuming they're not that deep down technology's hellhole.

But isn't it cowardly to run from our problems? Yes if that's why you're switching environments, no running from one. On the other hand if you've been dealing with these problems and really started hating the environments vibe, than its matter of being done and tired of the hellhole. It could also be worded as a matter of realization or denial. Realizing you're done with this disgusting vibe or denying it and running from the scary boogie man.

It is no wonder why we have the issues that we do but more than that, It is no wonder why we have the solutions that we do. Why do some people flow so much better than others? Some seem to rise up in life so easily while others plummet just as easily. Our choice of the environment is our choice of our future. We are marinating our future whether consciously or unconsciously.

I agree with this.  I just got back from a trip to Las Vegas for a week, and I loved it.  But one thing I noticed was the sensory overload.  I had a hard time just being in emptiness there because there was so much stimulation from every corner: music, lights, food, smoke, people, etc.  Contrast that with being in the forest where everything is so much more organic and peaceful.  Don't get me wrong, I love Las Vegas, it's one of my favorite places to visit and I've traveled to many places around the World.  I'm just drawing a comparison to your point: Environment does matter a lot.  It's probably easier to do personal development work in more organic, wholesome places.  Although you can practice loving your sins to death and have a nice contrast for what not to do, so maybe that's a good goose to a person from the opposite direction.  Who knows what is best.  I found it really hard to be centered in Las Vegas though.  But it was good R&R time, and I love the town.  I visit 3 to 4 times per year on average and the people there are generally cheerful, and I love how that rubs off on me.  But I also go to the forest quite frequently too.  Very often in fact.  I love listening to the birds, seeing the trees, and listening to the wind rustle through the leaves and grass.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor