Afonso

Life Purpose And Personal Development

2 posts in this topic

My Life Purpose runs around Computer Science.

However, I'm only sure that my life will be amazing if I do tons of personal development work. And that, ultimately, any work (not personal growth related) that I come to do will only scratch the tip of the iceberg of the life-satisfaction that I can get.

For example, since the age of 13 I was very involved (almost 24/7) with computers. However, when I gave that a break (age 16-now) and started studying PD, Meditating, doing Enlightenment work, etc. I found that my life satisfaction boosted like 5000%.

How can I conciliate the two?

Edited by Afonso

Well, any career will pretty much suck almost all of your time. I think that a good rule of thumb would be to read 1 or 2 books a month and strategically find time to implement whatever the books say. 

For some exercises you don't have to plan ahead of time though. For example if a book says to try and look for signs of defensiveness when you talk to people, you don't need to schedule time to do that. You just do it whenever you happen to have a conversation.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard