Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rayko

I just had an amazing experience.

4 posts in this topic

I was just meditating and after not even five minutes had an incredible realization.  I was contemplating the fact that staying motivated is like thirst and it must be refreshed every so often. That lead me to ponder about the process to get inspired and how I often watch/read powerfully motivating things and that builds up feelings like a volcano till I am about to burst.  I realized I have no idea what to do with this mind energy, I have currently no true purpose, only vague ideas of wanting "to be better".  It became clear how dangerous this behavior is: Getting very excited about what my potential could be, having no true goal to focus on and then falling into despair because I had these powerfully motivating moments and failed to apply them to anything constructive.  Repeat this behavior over any amount of time and this becomes almost fatal to self improvement. 

At this realization, I then experienced a feeling of peace and joy like I have never felt before, the joy of understanding the truth of how completely ass backwards I have been doing things... and I started to laugh, and I mean laugh hard. I was laughing so hard my sides hurt, and then I realized I was crying too and that made laugh even more. It was the most alive I have ever felt, the most honest.  So I think my next step is to set aside  some money the next few weeks and get Leo's Life purpose course. I think it's time I knew what I really want from this existence. 

Edited by Rayko

Just watching "Eckhart Tolle - Enjoying Every Moment" for the first time and he "told" an enlightenment joke and then said "In Zen Buddhism they have "Satori".  Satori is a sudden flash or realization, not always lasting but it's there. Sometimes accompanied by shouting or laughter."  It's amazing how things can fall into place when you slow down and become fully present in this moment.

Sounds like you got an insight. Those are great. They can happen during meditation and enlightenment work. They are like rational clarifications of some aspect of life. For example, you might have an insight that shakes loose some troublesome aspect of your life like, "Oh... I was being so silly worrying about losing my job. I know that in the end things will work out just fine." or "Oh.... The real reason I've been pissed off at my Dad for the last 10 years is because of X. How silly of me." etc.

But these are not Satori. Satori is a full-on enlightenment moment. That shit will blow your mind when it happens. It's not a rational knowing. It's like becoming God for a while.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Dang, full on realization you had. :), just remember, further. "Satori" isnt "A" satori. its IT. Dont get trapped by mind hommie.