electroBeam

How To Increase Social Intelligence?

4 posts in this topic

Over the past 2 years, I made it a goal to go partying/a social event 3 times a week, and ive been fairly consistent with that goal over the years.

Though I feel like my social intelligence has barely increased from doing this. My goal is to be very social, so that I can carry out career goals, and be a good leader.

What are the best ways tof increase your social intelligence? Apart from pickup.

If you didn't make progress in 2 years, you're trying to fake your personality and are drained by that.

If you're drained all the time, you can't make any real progress about anything.

Already told you that you're most likely an introvert, and you still go partying 3 times a week ?
How do you expect having any energy whatsoever to reflect and learn how to better your life if the only thing you want to do when you get home/2 hours in the party is to sleep/get the fuck out ?

I personally made a lot of progress, and I just exercice at work, or once a week at a boardgame/pet shelter or seminar when I don't have a job.
I didn't make progress by copying others, I'm just being myself, which is the guy who don't necessarily talk a lot but crack good jokes here and there, and people like me this way, way more this way than when I was trying to be this fake extrovert that never stop talking (and those who don't I don't care, you can't please everyone anyway).

You don't need more socializing, you need to be totally  fresh and vitalized when you go into a social event, it will feel better and will be more effective.
Joining and meeting people with similar hobbies are good too (not necessary) because it's easier to be yourself in this kind of setting.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin I mean, is there anything for socializing like how there is for pickup?

Like will just being yourself teach you how to persuade people to join your company, increase their morale when they realize how crazy your vision is, teach you how to make people feel better etc?

Yeah you're right, I do feel tired and drained all the time though. It's a big relief to not have to socialize much a week.

22 minutes ago, Snick said:

@electroBeam

Learn how to speak without saying anything. Like if words and language are an art form used to smooth thing 

So like use sign language kind of?