Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carrotqueen

Tips For Building A Fan Base Through Social Media?

5 posts in this topic

I am two weeks away from launching a website for giving people information about health, fitness, and green living. I am wondering if any entrepreneurs out there have tips they are willing to share about how to drive people to social media pages, so that they will even want to check out the website. I know that I can pay facebook for promotions, however, I am wondering if there are additional things I can do for free, to drive people to social media pages. Are there certain times you post that you have found work best? Is there a certain formula like post a picture, a link, and a video every day?  What has worked best for you? Do you share a link from your fan page to your personal page? Or is that too spammy?

It's realy quite simple.  First build a page. Then find other pages in your nich and join them. Post stuf from your page on them and people will come. You don't want to post ads for your stuff though. It's a balance of fun stuff and ads.if you don't have alot of time you can use auto posting services to keep content flowing. After you build a following you can advertise things to them. You want to advertise flashy things to drive people to your site. For instance soild gold d20s for Dungeons and Dragons. That's realy all it takes. But, you also want to get study up on it as well. It is a dynamic environment. 

@carrotqueen it depends which platform you are using. I would choose 1-2 to start and focus on them. For instance if you have an Instagram account for your business and you are trying to connect with others in your area pick 4-5 keywords that describes your business/hobbies etc. Think about a niche market you want to appeal to. Then you create hashtags for that keyword. For instance mine might be

Medium- #sprit #calltoheaven etc.

Lake Tahoe- #tahoeliving 

Breast feeding Mom- #breastisbest 

Like this, but choose 30 for each keyword. Then, say when I post a picture of the Lake I would comment underneath with all 30 of my hashtags. Be mindful that you'll want to focus on hashtags that are not as popular so people who are talking about the same thing don't push yours right out. I will often also spend 10 minutes going to my chosen hashtags and liking others post within those hashtags. 

Thank you both for your advice! I will put your tips to good use.

@carrotqueen Also, I don't use the same techniques for every platform so once you choose one study up on them. Sometimes it's trial and error for me. It really comes down to knowing who your target audience is, good content, consistency, and quality. :D Good luck.