Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hyperion

Bliss Is Not A (Specific) Feeling

150 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

That’s why the non conceptual can’t be conceptualised. 😜 Because a concept has no concept of a none existing concept. 😂 

True

 

13 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

The relative cannot know or touch the Absolute

ie the Absolute is not affected by the relative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

True

 

ie the Absolute is not affected by the relative.

Yes, this is all true, and cannot be untrue because in true knowing there’s no such thing as an untruth. 
Like seeing is true but seeing cannot be seen by the seen because the seen is the true something that sees nothing untrue.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

true knowing

You mean beyond the mind's knowing I assume.

11 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

Like seeing is true but seeing cannot be seen by the seen because the seen is the true something that sees nothing untrue.

Going to contemplate this one a bit more, thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilhelm44 said:

You mean beyond the mind's knowing I assume.

Yes, you are the knowing that cannot be known by the relative because the relative is known and that which is known knows nothing.

 

This is just a different nuance that what Hyperion is saying. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wilhelm44 yeah it’s a bit of a mind boggler that one you need to contemplate a bit more. Lol


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mellowmarsh said:

Like seeing is true but seeing cannot be seen by the seen because the seen is the true something that sees nothing untrue.

Should you decide to start a church one day, you can write this in neon lights above the building :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Should you decide to start a church one day, you can write this in neon lights above the building :)

Lol, you are so funny Wilhelm44 lol

 

I don’t even know how I’m able to say these things they just pop out like an arrow, it’s so weird. Lol


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

“That which is changeless and unaffected by the passing of time, which remains the same in the past, present, and future, is the Absolute Reality.”
— Adi Shankaracharya

 

“The world changes, but the Self remains changeless. The body is born and dies, but the Self is unborn and immortal.”
— Ramana Maharshi

"Look, Santa Claus has brought presents!"

— Me (when I was five years old)

"I never said half the crap people said I did"

— Albert Eintein

 

If you think that citing so-and-so as having said such-and-such somehow makes it absolutely true, then I have bad news for you... it doesn't.


The World Is Illusion.

Only Brahman Is Real.

The World Is Brahman.                                                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

the seen is the true something that sees nothing untrue

I've decided to chop it up and focus on the last part. This is like a proper Zen Koan, I'm gonna contemplate overnight and let you know what happens (:) @Mellowmarsh  

Edited by Wilhelm44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wilhelm44 said:

I've decided to chop it up and focus on the last part. This is like a proper Zen Koan, I'm gonna contemplate overnight and let you know what happens (:) @Mellowmarsh  

I’ll be waiting. 😀

 

Thanks. I can’t help being a smart arse. 😉


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mellowmarsh said:

I’ll be waiting. 😀

 

Thanks. I can’t help being a smart arse. 😉

Seriously, you should write a book one day, you have a wonderful way with words 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

If you think that citing so-and-so as having said such-and-such somehow makes it absolutely true, then I have bad news for you... it doesn't.

You right, everything is relatively (un)true. The end :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Seriously, you should write a book one day, you have a wonderful way with words 9_9

Aww, thanks man, you are a lovely person. I love that you seem to nearly understand what I’m saying. People have said that to me before about writing a book, but I can’t be arsed. Maybe I ought too get motivated. 😉 This forum can be my book. Lol


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wilhelm44

Just for the record, let me get this straight... the Absolute cannot be described, but also it can be described in a very specific way that is absolutely correct?

Is that what you are saying?


The World Is Illusion.

Only Brahman Is Real.

The World Is Brahman.                                                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

I love that you seem to nearly understand what I’m saying.

You're funny :D But it's true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hyperion said:

@Wilhelm44

Just for the record, let me get this straight... the Absolute cannot be described, but also it can be described in a very specific way that is absolutely correct?

Is that what you are saying?

We have been talking in so many circles we forgot what the original thing was about :D 

Whatever I say, you'll just say it's relatively (un)true. And I agreed with you about that now. Lets just leave it at that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

You're funny :D But it's true

Lovely. So lovely, have a lovely life living lovely. Don’t forget to contemplate that epic zen koan  by yours truly, true being the operative word, you hear? 😉

Edited by Mellowmarsh

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mellowmarsh said:

Lovely. So lovely, have a lovely life living lovely. Don’t forget to contemplate that epic zen loan by yours truly, true being the operative word, you hear? 😉

For sure lovely, will do, thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

We have been talking in so many circles we forgot what the original thing was about :D 

Whatever I say, you'll just say it's relatively (un)true. And I agreed with you about that now. Lets just leave it at that.

 

Ok, cool.

PS: How about... you are absolutely right about everything, and so am I. Deal?

(This is of course saying the exact same thing with different words, but maybe that way it's more palatable for you, lol.)


The World Is Illusion.

Only Brahman Is Real.

The World Is Brahman.                                                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0