Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Edvard

Postponement Of Education

4 posts in this topic

At this moment in life, having som months of space and time between ending mandatory military service in April this year to starting something else in the Fall, probably higher education, or university. I feel so stuck, but use every opportunity to work on myself, reading books, and I'm way over half in The Life Purpose Course here, doing all the exercises so far. I'm 21 years old.

My opportunities are the following:

1. Try for military education (bachelor in telematics, cyber engineering), the admission tests are starting at the end of june, lasting for two weeks.

2. Physics or physics and mathematics at a civilian university.

3. Work for a year (in a shop i.e., won't be a problem to get a job), along with retaking and improving subjects from previous school giving me a chance to consider more attractive universities next year (not that the one's mentioned are bad). This will also give me an opportunity to think more about what I want, it will make me money, avoiding dept when taking loan for the civilian educations, but it will also consume time I could use for educating myself early, which I view as important.

I have already had a discussion about the military thing, and know most here aren't too much for that alternative..

I'm passionate about understanding nature and love the satisfaction of understanding generally. have always been curious, but am also in very good physical shape, and like to push myself on training, and getting out of comfort zone. Regardless, I like things that are hard, but I have to love it, and aren't sure about any of these choices until I've really done it for a while, I think.

Insigths and advices are highly appreciated.

Thank you very much. Am so greatful for this site.

Edited by Edvard

Which one feels like it would enrich you personally the most?

I went to study engineering and realized I didn't like it and that I wished I had more real-world work skills so I went out to find work instead.  There is less of a formula for the order in which we have to do things as adults.  We are all equals in this learning experience we are sharing.

@Tobias Gruba I'm thinking that physics teaches me to solve problems, and to learn how to think, which I can use for many things later. Additionaly I'm interested in reality, how the universe works an everything that has to do with space, so there could be opportunities there, and if I do well, who knows, maybe I can put working at NASA as a goal?

If I could do my engineering degree agaim, I would absolutely take more time to do fun interesting creative things with my friemds and aquaintances.  We're in this thing for the long haul anyways right.  Today I am trying to remind myself to slow down on the path I've chosen to allow answers to come to me.  NASA is a great goal.  Maybe even narrow down what skill you would like to bring to an organization like NASA and focus on cultivating that skill.  Even if you don't end up there, as you interact with people and tell them your fantastic goal, a path will begin to unfold in it's own time.  No hurry, just enjoyment.