Jordan wang

Am I Distracted? Prioritize? Is It Better To Focus?

2 posts in this topic

So I recently made a list of goals, and among 50 goals that I've written for myself. I found out that only those ones are both urgent and important:

1.      Transfer to waterloo with a 4.0 CGPA

2.      Find out my life purpose (watch one video, ultimate life purpose course by Leo everyday)

3.      Win provincials swimming contest for 100 or 200 IM, 100, 50 /free, back

4.      Speed reading (Learning process with scott young)

5.      Cure my stuttering

So I decided to only work on those during this school semester. 

But in the meantime, One of the things that I've always loved: Music, playing the guitar didn't make the list.

Along with some other goals such as becoming a public speaker (Wining the Toastmasters internationals contest)

I remember hearing Leo say in one of his videos: "successful people are like a single laser beam, strong and focused. While others are like disco light bulbs, goes into every direction"

I've also heard a story (don't know if it's true) "warren buffett was talking to his pilot, he told the pilot to create a list of goals and pick the top five goals (just like I did). When the pilot finally did it, warren told him that anything on your goals list that did not make top 5 are the "avoid at all cost" activities. Because they interest you enough that they can possibly distract you."

Does this mean that I have to avoid playing guitar at all cost? (I know this would only be temporary, but is it neccesary?)

I can probably pick guitar up later on in life, same with public speaking. But this choice is hard.

What do you guys think:

should I prioritize and only focus on those 5 goals, or do a little bit of guitar and public speaking too?

If I do guitar and speaking that would definitely make me less focused, (because they take time).

Jordan wang

Check out my self development & adventure youtube channel and improve with me!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1w32b0EuoBkLobBkqX65xw?view_as=subscriber

I started learning guitar and singing around age 13. After singing at a few bars, weddings, etc...public speaking is easy. After keeping a band motivated and together and on point with unified focus, running my business is easy. After spending countless hours learning classical guitar, focus, connection, no monkey mind, inner peace, calmness...are all easy.   

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE