Afonso

Intuition Is Amazing!

1 post in this topic

As I've been raising my awareness, I've come to notice more often gut feelings. These feelings become very apparent when I am about to do things that I don't really want to, but rationalize myself into doing them.

Intuition

noun

1. direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.

From http://www.dictionary.com/browse/intuition

When I became acutely aware of this phenomena, a word popped into my mind - intuition.

After watching Leo's video on intuition and doing the exercises on the worksheet, I was blown away by the power of this phenomena AND how I've been suppressing it since I was a pre-teenager.

Intuition As A Guiding System

After a lot of journaling, I came to realize that you can decide ANYTHING based on your intuition! When you get in touch with that core feeling, you don't need to bully yourself inside your mind into doing stuff anymore. Nor do you need to explain to yourself in your mind (as from a friend's perspective) why you're doing what you're doing. There's no need for justifications, intuition is more right and more powerful than any rationalization!

The biggest blunder for me was thinking my way around intuition and completely ignoring it. Acting upon life through logic-exclusive lens.

If you're doing ANYTHING, whether it is deciding what you want to eat or what you should do with your life... feel your way through it.

This was such an amazing insight for myself that I had the urge to share it in here, even though there's a lot of content on this topic.

After having acquired this insight, I reviewed all the events in my life where I ignored my intuition. The same theme occurs again and again: ignore gut feeling of what's right and think, think and more think.

What happens when you follow your intuition is that your Personal Integrity rises to the top. You don't boost your Personal Integrity by writing down laws by which you act. You do it by doing what feeeeeels right deep down inside.

Intuition vs. Pursuing Comfort

Don't confuse intuition with pursuing comfort.

One thing is what you deep down feel it's right to do or pursue.

Other thing is what's more pleasurable and emotionally easier.

What does your Higher Self really want?