Mango1998

Establishing Habits

25 posts in this topic

One of my biggest problems is that I can´t do something for a too long period. The maximum was about two weeks and that´s pretty lacking. Every time I tried to get good stuff done or include good habits, I failed. I want to get rid of that shit. It´s sooo demotivating and exhausting. 

So, this journal will help me to establish all the good habits I want to have to become successful in my life, my day and everything.

The habits I want right now are:

• being more productive in my day
  • becoming a morning person
  • do more exercises ( tree times per week)
  • meditate  (every day)
  • read good books (one book a week)
  • watch more useful stuff and reduce unimportant stuff

So I will just start with the first one. My challenge is to do useful things one hour after I woke up.

But what are useful things? Basically, that educate me in whatever way. For example reading a book, doing some school stuff, learning vocabs, doing exercise or even watching videos on YouTube, that will educate me some way. So just not being lazy, laying in my bed and starring at things. My challenge will start tomorrow and I want to do that for 90 days. If I fail one day, I will start from the beginning, until I have done this :) wish me luck!

Habit 1, Day 1

Today I got up at 10:12, had breakfast and then did about 20 minutes maths. That was pretty nice :)  later in the noon, I did again math but that was so annoying because I can´t stand probability calculation. I will try that tomorrow again.

The nicer part was the walk through the park, just enjoying the warm weather, watching ducks, collecting flowers and being happy :) It really helped me to calm down :)

Habit 1, Day 2

Finally, my laptop is updated and I write here :D

Today I did other stuff than just school. I continued reading the book "Radical Honesty", went to an information evening about my holiday job, helped my grand-grand-father with buying pants for him and applied for a student residential home in Munich.

Habit 1, Day 3

Today was a hard day. I started with cleaning our stairs, later cleaning two rooms and my car from the inside. I didn´t have enough time to clean also the outside of the car because I met a friend and we simulated our oral exams :) I definitely have to start to study more in maths :/

My plan for tomorrow is:

• study maths
  • paint
  • continue reading the book 2Radical Honesty"
Edited by Mango1998
forgot something

On 13.5.2017 at 11:09 PM, Mango1998 said:

The habits I want right now are:

• being more productive in my day

You need to make it more clear what you mean by "more productive." This could mean anything. Then your mind could just trick you and make excuses. It has to be more specific and measurable.

Habit 1, Day 4

I started the day directly with something "useful". I didn´t feel like learning Maths, so I read the book. After I had "breakfast" I did two old math exercises and it didn´t feel really nice, so I forced myself to continue and gave up on the third. I hope to achieve tomorrow more. This result wasn´t that bad.

@JKG You are right. So, right now being more productive means for me to learn at least three hours maths and reduce the other activities like watching series and doing some nicer stuff like reading my books, painting, going out, meditating, exercising.... I´m wasting my time with dreaming and watching the series about detectives :/

Habit 1, Day 5

I failed, so let´s start tomorrow again :/ It´s hard to believe but I´m doing this for my and on my own and I have to stay honest with myself.

Habit 1, Day 1 (Yesterday)

I started my day with reading about an hour.In the evening I did math exercises and watched a documentary about Steve Jobs. 

I will change my strategy and start with school work and read later.

Habit 1, Day 2 (Yesterday)

I started as I already said my day with maths. This helped a lot. Later in the evening I did again maths and read my book.

Habit 1, Day 3

I started again with maths. Also, I tried to do some sections during the whole day and in the evening. I couldn´t read that much of my book but that´s ok :)

Habit 1, Day 4

Although I was tired as hell, I tried to do maths, even it was at first only 10 minutes. Later in the noon, I did more maths but no exercises. I read only summaries on different topics, made notes and that´s it.

I will now do some exercises, read my book and go to sleep.

Habit 1, Day 5

I wasn´t very productive today. I just continued reading the summaries in Maths and socialized a lot.

Habit 1, Day 6&7

Yesterday was my oral exam. That was enough :D

Today I read a little in my history book. And finally cleaned my room :)

Habit 1, Day 8

I wasn´t productive at all today :( I had to drive my mom the whole day and forgot to take my books with me. It was a quite boring day :)

I will start tomorrow again. I was again not home the whole day.

Third run: Habit 1, Day 1

I started my day with some history. I started writing a summary of the two years at school some weeks ago. I continued writing on that.

Also, I continued reading my book, which was really interesting :)

Habit 1, Day 2

I only read today in my book about autodidactism because I had a lot of other (not very useful) stuff to do. I had a meeting with some people from the school. I had to pick up siblings. I had to go and buy groceries...

Habit 1, Day 3

I used the bus to go to school today, so I had a plenty of time and I actually used it to continue reading my book :) It felt great. But later at home I was just exhausted and did nothing "productive".

Habit 1, Day 4

I had again to fo to school because of a special event and a meeting. I´m tired of this meetings and tomorrow is another one :(

Well, I wasn´t very productive. I only learned today something about American History and Segregation because I helped out a friend with her presentation. I hope to be more productive tomorrow...