OnceMore

Actions Steps To Take When You've Lost Everyone And Everything

9 posts in this topic

What do you think are some essential actions steps a person needs to take if they find themselves in the position where they've messed up so much that they've pretty much destroyed all of their bridges with people and have lost everything. 

@OnceMore Rent a motel room near the woods and just there for a week or two doing nothing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@OnceMore Rent a motel room near the woods and just there for a week or two doing nothing.

Love that advice, though, it probably isn't universal. Someone who's emotionally unstable wouldn't be able to survive that.

@AlldayLoop Look what the world has come to. Where just being by yourself for a week is considered a life-threatening ordeal.

@Leo Gura Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your 9 day retreat on YouTube and the personal video journals. It's truly inspiring. As the original poster mentioned, I too have burned many bridges and lost a lot (while pissing my life away). I'm running out of moves. I've actually planned my second silent retreat and will be starting this Monday and will be silent for 6 days. 

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How will this help?!

Has the experience drastically changed you?

Edited by OnceMore

@OnceMore No words can describe it.

It is the universal cure to all of mankind's problems.

Man this is tough.  These are those moments in life where you learn what people mean by "nervous breakdown".  I don't think I fully understood what that phrase meant until I hit rock bottom myself.  When your life gets pulled-out from under you and you're left standing there like wudda I do now?  And you're looking for a friend, but they are few and far between.  That's some tough medicine.  I hate to be hedgy about my answer, but it takes time, like 30-45 days to start to make real progress.  You gotta get over that first bout with strong negative emotions.  Then you gotta do the whole soul-searching stage where you try to figure out what went wrong.  Then after a while that cloud of depression starts to wane and you can start to re-gain some confidence.  Finally after about 30-45 days you should be able to be back on your feet and back at working your life again.  But even then you're still kind of wounded -- but you're stronger and smarter now.  It's these rock-bottom moments in life that grow you the most.  And you realize how few your true supporters really are.  So there's plenty of take-away from this, and this will cause you to shed a skin and mature which will improve your whole life.  It's hard to remain a child when you are forced to grow-up.  That's one of the effects of these situations: You gotta fix it all by yourself.

I like Leo's answer to go off alone to the woods.  You need time and space to get your new path started.  You gotta forge a new trail.  Plan it out.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor