Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Universe

Is Business And Spirituality Compatible ?!

7 posts in this topic

Big question here : My egoic needs tells me that my life purpose is to be a commercial BUT at the same time i want to achieve enlightement...once i get there i really wanted to know if i could still do business stuff with "self" implication. Is that possible ?

3 hours ago, The Universe said:

Is that possible ?

A Chinese meditator goes to a Jew to buy black bras, size 38.

The Jew, known for his skills as a businessman, says that black bras are rare and that he is finding it very difficult to buy them from his suppliers. Therefore he has to charge $50.00 for them.

The Chinese meditator buys 25 pairs.

He returns a few days later and this time orders fifty.

The Jew tells him that they have become even harder to get and charges him $60.00 each.

The Chinese meditator returns a month later and buys the Jew’s remaining stock of 50, and this time for $75.00 each.

The Jew is somewhat puzzled by the large demand for black size 38 bras and asks the Chinese meditator, “…please tell me – What do you do with all these black bras?”

The Chinese meditator answers: “I cut them in half and sell them as skull caps to you Jews for $200.00 each.”

“Business is business”

It has to be I think.

It's a hard balance to strike, but i see it as a necessity. You need to get some of the basic needs taken care of, and like it or not money is necessary for this. Money and business go hand in hand.

There's a discussion in autobiography of a Yogi where Yogananda's mentor tells him only people who have had money could walk away from it. People who never had it to beginwith were abandoned by money not the other way around. 

There's this sort of shortcut people hope for which is somewhat related to the path of renounciation, in my opinion is not possible to renounce something without first obtaining it. So yes, even if you assume you can't do both at the same time, they are still compatible in the sense that there's a sequence between the 2 that should be followed.

10 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

A Chinese meditator goes to a Jew to buy black bras, size 38.

The Jew, known for his skills as a businessman, says that black bras are rare and that he is finding it very difficult to buy them from his suppliers. Therefore he has to charge $50.00 for them.

The Chinese meditator buys 25 pairs.

He returns a few days later and this time orders fifty.

The Jew tells him that they have become even harder to get and charges him $60.00 each.

The Chinese meditator returns a month later and buys the Jew’s remaining stock of 50, and this time for $75.00 each.

The Jew is somewhat puzzled by the large demand for black size 38 bras and asks the Chinese meditator, “…please tell me – What do you do with all these black bras?”

The Chinese meditator answers: “I cut them in half and sell them as skull caps to you Jews for $200.00 each.”

“Business is business”

Really funny one. :) OK, it is possible :P

14 hours ago, The Universe said:

Is Business And Spirituality Compatible ?!

There is nothing  incompatible with spirituality.  Even the worst of the worst egos have spiritual lessons in store for us.

7 hours ago, AndreiC said:

It has to be I think.

It's a hard balance to strike, but i see it as a necessity. You need to get some of the basic needs taken care of, and like it or not money is necessary for this. Money and business go hand in hand.

There's a discussion in autobiography of a Yogi where Yogananda's mentor tells him only people who have had money could walk away from it. People who never had it to beginwith were abandoned by money not the other way around. 

There's this sort of shortcut people hope for which is somewhat related to the path of renounciation, in my opinion is not possible to renounce something without first obtaining it. So yes, even if you assume you can't do both at the same time, they are still compatible in the sense that there's a sequence between the 2 that should be followed.

"Money is a great Tool but a Bad Master"

11 minutes ago, jse said:

There is nothing  incompatible with spirituality.  Even the worst of the worst egos have spiritual lessons in store for us.

Because life itself IS Spirituality...never think about it that way ! :D