Carl-Richard

You could probably decimate your fluoride toothpaste usage

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There have been two times where I distinctly remember brushing my tongue with an unnormal amount of toothpaste (basically covering it full of freshly squeezed toothpaste) and where I felt quite severe brain fog afterwards.

Then, in the last couple of weeks, I've decided to decimate my normal fluoride toothpaste usage and change the way I brush my teeth. The point of using fluoride in the first place is to strengthen your tooth enamel, and that's it. The cleaning action of the brush itself is actually sufficient to remove dirt and gunk.

So the way I brush my teeth now is I use a tiny amount of toothpaste (maybe half the size of a pea), brush my teeth with it for three quick "rounds" (takes approximately 10 seconds) until my teeth are nicely covered, then I immediately flush my mouth with water while brushing maybe three times, flushing every round. Then, without any toothpaste in my mouth, I clean my tongue with the toothbrush while flushing my mouth with water another three times. The idea is "quick on, quick off", while the brushing does the work of removing the toothpaste while also cleaning the teeth.

But why? Among other things, fluoride has been shown to deplete glutamate in the brain, the primary excitatory neurotransmitter, meaning your neurons will be generally less able to fire. Interestingly though, it does this by elevating the activity of the enzyme glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD), which is how your brain produces GABA from glutamate. So fluoride essentially works as a quite generalized tranquilizer drug. That could actually come in handy if you're having anxiety issues and you only have toothpaste available, although fluoride is toxic in other ways which would probably not make that a good idea.

Anyways, the poison is in the dosage. It's probably smart to use some amount of fluoride to avoid tooth decay, but you can also be smarter in the ways you use fluoride (and how much you use) to avoid unnecessary side effects.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

That could actually come in handy if you're having anxiety issues and you only have toothpaste available, although fluoride is toxic in other ways which would probably not make that a good idea.

Don't you hate it when you're suddenly hit by anxiety and all you have at your disposal is a tube of fluoridated toothpaste? These days, I never leave the house without one of these bad boys in my pocket. 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Among other things, fluoride has been shown to deplete glutamate in the brain, the primary excitatory neurotransmitter, meaning your neurons will be generally less able to fire. Interestingly though, it does this by elevating the activity of the enzyme glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD), which is how your brain produces GABA from glutamate.

Are you telling me I can substitute brushing my teeth with a glass of whiskey? Consider me sold.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Sorry, but this just had too much meme potential.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Don't you hate it when you're suddenly hit by anxiety and all you have at your disposal is a tube of fluoridated toothpaste? These days, I never leave the house without one of these bad boys in my pocket. 

7 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Are you telling me I can substitute brushing my teeth with a glass of whiskey? Consider me sold.

6 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Sorry, but this just had too much meme potential.

xD Noo I loved it.

You know how Leo says pickup is about turning off your brain? Enough said :ph34r:

Edited by Carl-Richard

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

xD Noo I loved it.

You know how Leo says pickup is about turning off your brain? Enough said :ph34r:

8prac8.jpg

Posted (edited)

@Nilsi Hahah. Imagine if we went to a pickup seminar and started talking about toothpaste like it's the key to everything and how everybody always underestimates it, and people would be like "you guys think it's just all about the smile? ¬¬". And we're like "naaah, it's all about the INVERSE level of brain cell activity! 🤩🤩"  "o.Oo.Oo.O

xD

Edited by Carl-Richard

20 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Nilsi Hahah. Imagine if we went to a pickup seminar and started talking about toothpaste like it's the key to everything and how everybody always underestimates it, and people would be like "you guys think it's just all about the smile? ¬¬". And we're like "naaah, it's all about the INVERSE level of brain cell activity! 🤩🤩"  "o.Oo.Oo.O

xD

Sounds like we have a business here. I say we bulk order a ton of toothpaste from China, fly to LA, and spend our days attending pickup seminars, selling that shit to those suckers by the thousands.