Davino

Making sense of U.G Krishnamurti Part 2

4 posts in this topic

Having pursued a spiritual path in his youth and eventually rejecting it, U.G. claimed to have experienced a devastating biological transformation on his 49th birthday, an event he refers to as "the calamity". He emphasized that this transformation back to "the natural state" is a rare, acausal, biological occurrence with no religious context. Because of this, he discouraged people from pursuing the "natural state" as a spiritual goal.

How does total independence look like? Uppaluri Gopala Krishnamurti may offer an example of that

My teaching, if that is the word you want to use, has no copyright. You are free to reproduce, distribute, interpret, misinterpret, distort, garble, do what you like, even claim authorship, without my consent or the permission of anybody.

U.G Krishnamurti, The Spiritual Terrorist:

U.G. Krishnamurti last writing

My Swan Song

What I have found of and by myself runs counter to everything anyone has said in any field of human thought. They have misled themselves and misguided everybody. You still fall for all that because if, for instance, you were to change your diet you would die of starvation. But I want to live forever! Can you keep me alive and healthy, the way I have lived for ninety years of my life? No? But that's all that interests me!

When once it throws out everything that has been put in there by your filthy culture, this body will function in an extraordinarily intelligent way. It can take care of everything. If at any time I accept anything, it is not what the religious people have told me about the way the body functions, but what the medical doctors have found. Yet, what they do not know is immense; and they will never know how this body functions.

I have never taken any medicine nor have I ever seen a doctor. All the doctors who have advised me not to live the kind of life I had been living are now dead and gone. There is one exception - once, I had typhoid fever when I lived in Madras. My wife's brother was a top doctor in the General Hospital in Madras. The British had a wing in the hospital for themselves and nobody else was allowed to stay in the rooms in that wing. That year, however, they opened the wing to the general public. So my brother-in-law got me one room in it and another for my family members. In that room my wife and grandmother stayed. Three nurses took care of me taking turns every eight hours for a whole month, after which I walked out.

Although I assert that all doctors should be shot, I don't advise others not to see a doctor. I don't know what I will do if I am in a situation where I want to prolong my life a little longer. So I would never tell others not to see a doctor.

I brushed aside everything born out of human thought. Everything they told me falsified me. And what you are trying to get you can never get, because there is nothing to get. What you are is a belief; if you let one belief go, you must replace it with another; otherwise, you will drop dead. I am telling you, a clinical death will occur. It is not the near-death experience of those 'near-death' scoundrels.

So you better go and make money and enjoy the fruits thereof. All those filthy religious people are fooling themselves and fooling everybody, living on the gullibility and credulity of people, making an easy living, selling shoddy pieces of goods and promising you some goodies that they can never deliver. But you want to believe all that nonsense. It's a reflection on your intelligence that you fall for all that crap to which you are exposed.

Nobody has given me the mandate to save you people or save the world. The human species should be wiped out for what it has done to every other species on this planet! It has no place on this planet. If I am sure of one thing, it is that. If it were not for your destructive weapons, you would have been wiped out a long time ago. And you are going to be wiped out, because now others have the means to wipe you out. But you are not going to go gracefully without taking every form of life on this planet with you. With minimum means you can wipe out the maximum power.

The body knows what it needs to do to survive. If it does not have the means to survive, it goes gracefully. The only reason for this organism to exist is to give continuity to the human species. Sex is only for reproduction, but you have turned that into a pleasure movement. What else is sex for than reproduction? The human kind appeared on this planet and it thinks all this has been created for its use. You think you were created for a grander and nobler purpose. The human being is a more despicable thing than all the other forms of life on this planet. You are just an animal, but you are not ready to accept that. You are not more intelligent than the other animals.

The native intelligence of the human body is amazing. That is all it needs to survive in any dangerous situation in life. The native intelligence is what you are born with; the intellect is acquired from what they teach you. So, you don't have any words or phrases, or even experiences, which you can call your own. You have to use that knowledge that has been put in there in order to experience anything.

There is nothing to your love: if you don't get what you want, what happens to your, 'I love you darling, dearie, honey bunch, shnookie putsie, sugar britches, petite shu-shu, sugar booger?' If you don't get what you want out of all that, what happens to your lovey-dovey? The only test for me is money. How free you are with your money? I don't mean, "How wasteful you are with your money?" I have nothing to lose if the whole thing is wiped out. I have nothing to gain if it remains the same.

The only relationship you have with anybody in this world is "What do I get out of it?" That's all you care about. Other than that, there is nothing to it! You all fool yourselves thinking that you are going to get something by hanging around me... ho ho ho! You're not going to get a thing because there is no need to get anything from anybody.

You can't fit me into any religious frame. I don't need to fool people and thrive on their gullibility and credulity. Why should I? I'm telling you, you will lose everything! You are not going to get anything from anybody. There is no need for me to say you're not going to get what you want from anyone else either. That you will find out by yourself. But that you can't do either by your own effort or by your volition or by anything you do or do not do. That is not something that happens in the field of cause and effect.

Everything was thrown out of my system. I don't know how I was thrown off the merry go round. I went round and round and round. I was lucky - luck, not in the sense that when you go to a gambling place and win if you're lucky. They put me on a merry go round; I went on and on and on. I didn't have the guts to jump off. I was just thrown off like an animal thrown from the top of a tree. The animal just gets up and runs off.

Fear makes your body stiff and then you will certainly break your limbs. My body is never stiff. The demand for permanence - permanent relationships, permanent happiness, and permanent bliss - in any field and in any area of human existence is the cause of human misery. There is nothing to permanence.

So don't be a damned fool! Go and make money. That's the only thing that impresses me - cash on the barrel! I told my grandparents this even as a little boy. I am in perfect harmony with this world, exactly the way it is. I will never break the laws, no matter how ridiculous the laws are.

I told Bertrand Russell, "The H-bomb is an extension of your policeman; are you willing to do away with the policeman?"

"You have to draw the line somewhere!" he said.

I just said goodbye and walked out.

There is no need to change this world at all; and there is no need to change yourself either. I am not a sociable man; yet I am not anti-social. What I am trying to emphasize over and over again is that what has happened to me has nothing to do with the spiritual nonsense they preach; it doesn't have even a teeny weenie bit of spiritual content. It is a physical phenomenon pure and simple. Once this body is freed from the stranglehold of whatever is put in there either by spiritual teachers or secular teachers, or by those scientists and medical technology, it functions in a very efficient way.

At the time I was born, when my mother introduced herself to me as "I am your mommy" and hugged me and kissed me, I apparently kicked her; and she died in seven days after I was born. When they put me into the frame of an enlightened man, they said that the mother of such a child can never have any more children or sex, and that she would die. Actually she died of puerperal fever, but not because she gave birth to an enlightened man. They have to put such people into that frame of giving birth to an enlightened man. An enlightened man can never have sex because he cannot reproduce another one like him. Once an interviewer on television asked me, "Can't we take your sperm and make a woman pregnant?" I answered, "There is no sperm anymore." Anandamayi stopped having her periods when she was twenty-one, after whatever had happened to her. She was a nice lady. She was a genuine article.

Your birth is not in your hands. You're here because your parents had sex. But I can say now that that your death is in your hands. There is no meaning in and no purpose to suffering.

If a body is lucky enough to stumble into its natural way of functioning, it happens not through your effort, not through your volition; it just happens, but not by what you do or do not do. It is not even a happening within the field of cause and effect. 'Acausal' is the most appropriate word for it, because a happening can never be outside the field of cause and effect.

If it stumbles into this of and by itself, such a body will be so unique that it will be unparalleled in this world and will function in an extraordinary way. Such a body has never existed before on this planet.

You don't have to take my word for it. Be miserable and die in your misery. And such a man will be more spiritual than all the other claimants, but not in the ordinary sense of 'spiritual' - that nonsense must never be used. Spirit is only the breath as in "he breathed his last;" the word has nothing to do with the spiritual crap.

The End

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                         Discipline this life & Realize Absolute Infinity

More on The Calimity:

U.G. noticed, during the week following the `explosion', some fundamental changes in the functioning of his senses. On the last day his body went through `a process of physical death' and the changes became permanent features.

Ending: The changes began. For seven days, every day a change occurred. U.G. discovered that his skin had become extremely soft, the blinking of the eyes had stopped, and his senses of taste, smell and hearing had undergone a change.

On the first day he noticed that his skin was so soft that it felt like silk and also had a peculiar kind of glow, a golden glow. 'I was shaving, and each time I tried to shave, the razor slipped. I changed blades, but it was no use. I touched my face. My sense of touch was different.' U.G. did not attach any significance to all this. He merely observed.

On the second day he became aware for the first time that his mind was in what he calls a `declutched state'. He was upstairs in the kitchen, and Valentine had prepared some tomato soup. He looked at it and didn't know what it was. She told him it was tomato soup. He tasted it, and then he recognized it, 'This is how tomato soup tastes.' He swallowed the soup and he was back to that odd frame of mind. Rather, it was a frame of `no mind.' He asked Valentine again, 'What is that?' Again she said it was tomato soup. Again U.G. tasted it. Again he swallowed and forgot what it was. 'I played with this for some time. It was such a funny business--this `declutched state'.'

Now that state has become normal for U.G. He says he no longer spends time in reverie, worry, conceptualization and other kinds of thinking that most people do when they are alone. His mind is only engaged when it is needed, as, for instance, when someone asks questions, or when he has to fix a tape recorder. It is a state of discontinuity – though not absence – of thought. When it is not needed, there is no mind there, there is no thought. There is only life.

On the third day, some friends of U.G. invited themselves over for dinner. He agreed to cook for them.

But somehow I couldn't smell or taste properly. I became gradually aware that these two senses had been transformed. Every time some odor entered my nostrils it irritated my olfactory center in just about the same way--whether it came from an expensive scent or from cow dung, it was the same irritation. And then, every time I tasted something, I tasted the dominant ingredient only--the taste of the other ingredients came slowly later. From that moment on perfume made no sense to me, and spicy food had no appeal for me. I could taste only the dominant spice--chili or whatever it was.

On the fourth day, something happened to his eyes. U.G. and his friends were sitting in the Rialto restaurant in Gstaad. It was here that U.G. became aware of a tremendous sort of `vista vision', like a concave mirror.

Things coming toward me, were moving into me, as it were. And things going away from me seemed to move out from inside of me. It was such a puzzle to me--as if my eyes were a gigantic camera, changing focus without my doing anything. Now I am used to the puzzle. Nowadays that is how I see. When you drive me around in your car, I am like a cameraman dollying along. The cars in the other direction go into me, and the cars that pass us come out of me. When my eyes fix on something they do it with total attention, like a camera.

That day, when U.G. came back home from the restaurant he looked in the mirror to find that there was something odd about his eyes--they were 'fixed'. He kept looking in the mirror for a long time and observed that his eyelids were not blinking. For almost forty-five minutes he stared into the mirror--still no blinking of the eyes! 'Instinctive blinking was over for me, and it still is.'

On the fifth day, U.G. noticed a change in his hearing. When he heard the barking of a dog, the barking seemed to originate inside of him. All sounds seemed to come from within him and not from outside. They still do.

The five senses changed in five days. On the sixth day U.G. was lying down on a sofa. Valentine was in the kitchen.

And suddenly my body disappeared. There was no body there. I looked at my hand. ... I looked at it--'Is this my hand?' There was no actual question, but the whole situation was somewhat like that. So I touched my body: nothing. I didn't feel there was anything there except the touch, the point of contact. Then I called Valentine and asked: 'Do you see my body on this sofa? Nothing inside of me says that this is my body.' She touched it and said, 'This is your body.' And yet that assurance didn't give me any comfort or satisfaction. I said to myself, 'What is this funny business? My body is missing.' My body had gone away, and it has never come back.

Now, as regards his body, the points of contact are all that U.G. has, nothing else, because the sense of vision, he says, is independent of the sense of touch. So it is not possible for him to create a complete image of his own body because, in the absence of the sensation of touch, the corresponding points are missing in his consciousness.

And finally, on the seventh day, U.G. was again lying on the same sofa, relaxing, enjoying the `declutched state'. Valentine would come in, and he would recognize her as Valentine. She would go out of the room. Then, finish, blank--no Valentine. He would think, 'What is this? I can't even imagine what Valentine looks like.' He would listen to the sounds coming from the kitchen and ask himself, 'What are those sounds coming from inside me? But I could not relate to them.' He had discovered that all his senses were without a coordinating mechanism inside of himself: the coordinator was missing. And then...

I felt something happening inside of me: the life energy drawing to a focal point from different parts of my body. I said to myself, `Now you have come to the end of your life. You are going to die.' Then I called Valentine and said, `I am going to die, Valentine, and you will have to do something with this body. Hand it over to the doctors; maybe they will use it. I don't believe in burning or burial. In your own interest you have to dispose of this body. One day it will stink. So, why not give it away?'' Valentine replied, 'U.G., you are a foreigner. The Swiss government won't take your body. Forget about it.'

The frightening movement of his life force had come to a focal point. Valentine's bed was empty. He moved over to that bed and stretched out, getting ready to die. Valentine, of course, ignored what was going on. She left. But before she left she said, 'One day you say this thing has changed, another day you say that thing has changed, and a third day you say something else has changed. What is all this? And now you say you are going to die. You are not going to die. You are all right, hale and healthy,' saying this, she left the room. U.G. continues his account:

Then a point arrived where it looked as if the aperture of a camera was trying to close itself. It is the only simile that I can think of. The way I am describing this is quite different from the way things actually happened at that time, because there was nobody there thinking in such terms. All this, however, must have been part of my experience, otherwise I wouldn't be able to talk about it. So, the aperture was trying to close itself, and something was there trying to keep it open. Then after a while there was no will to do anything, not even to prevent the aperture closing itself. Suddenly, as it were, it closed. I don't know what happened after that.

This process lasted for forty-nine minutes--this process of dying. It was like a physical death. U.G. says that even now it happens to him:

My hands and feet become so cold, the body becomes stiff, the heartbeat slows down, the breathing slows down, and then there is a gasping for breath. Up to a point you are there, you breathe your last breath, as it were, and then you are finished. What happens after that, nobody knows.

He emphasized that this transformation is a rare, acausal, biological occurrence with no religious context.

- - - -

Mmm, pretty interesting huh?

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                         Discipline this life & Realize Absolute Infinity

Just wanted to say, last night I read the whole thing and watched both videos. I've watched him talk before on a rare occasion when someone shared his video; but now I'm in love. I will add him to my playlists and enjoy watching him speak and the words coming out his mouth and whatever meaning I give to them. Utter madness, so raw and direct. Trying to describe him is like trying to describe the Absolute. Absolutely incredible. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.