Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
West

Are Some Contemplations Inherently More Difficult Than Others?

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering about the difficulty of certain insights.

Personally I have done a lot of contemplation/meditation about time (the absolute now) for the past months, with great spiritual gains. I find it very simple to ask "does this thing exist outside the now?" again and again. Every time I always find that all that I actually know about reality is what is currently present.

When it comes to experiencing no separation, the separation seems to be much more tricky to see the truth of compared to time. It seems much more complex, since with time there is only Now, but with the self there are all these subtle layers of self that I don't experience with time.

Do you find some subjects more difficult than others, or am I doing something wrong? Does it simply take more time and persistence?

Have you had your contemplator calibrated by a certified technician lately? It might be out of alignment and your insights will be skewed.

Just kidding, some subjects are just more of a challenge to acquire insights on than others.

Keep contemplating, sounds like you are doing something that works for you, the illumination process can be quite abstract sometimes.