Daniel123

How do you approach dosing psychedelics?

4 posts in this topic

I need some advice on how to approach dosing psychedelics.

Having done a handful of LSD-trips now and trying different doses (70ug to start out, 150ug twice and 200ug last time) I noticed that I actually liked the lower doses more. They felt like I was becoming more conscious and was able to shift my focus on noticing consciousness more. I also was able to get some emotional release on the lower doses, but not so much on the higher one.

The 200ug dose felt more like I wasn't quite "there" and my mind was racing with creative thoughts. I just wanted to explore the visuals and thoughts and didn't feel like meditating much like on the lower doses.

I know four trips are not much to draw conclusions, as I know each trip is unique even when the dose is equal, but I am still curious:

Is there a point in higher dosages? Do they reveal different things for you?

How do you decide which dose to use for your trip?

Good observations. The safe and optimal dose for any psychedelic is roughly halfway between "not enough" and "too much."

The point of high dosages are breakthrough experiences. They will reveal something completely different. This should be a psychonauts goal, but proceed slowly. Take more trips at lower doses until you feel like you want more. In my opinion, dosing is a very intuitive thing. Don't rush into anything, experiment and treat it like you're doing science.

Posted (edited)

@Daniel123 I would say that with classic psychedelics your mind becomes ungrounded in high doses, unless you are experienced. This is not optimal for our work, it's good to be in a state where you can be peaceful and conscious.

Substances like 5meo and Malt don't have such a hindrance in higher doses, that is to say, high doses are easier to navigate with less experience. LSD and mushrooms become increasingly unstable and loopy the more the dose is.

So first of all, progress slow as to navigate the psychedelic space comfortably. Sometimes is more about the nature of the substance; you will need training to get used to higher doses with particular psychedelics. Other substances behave differently and have other properties as the dose increases.

2 hours ago, Daniel123 said:

Is there a point in higher dosages? Do they reveal different things for you?

Peak experiences, breakthroughs and tripping balls

2 hours ago, Daniel123 said:

How do you decide which dose to use for your trip?

Intuition, past experiences, present mood and future directions/intentions for the trip

You may find value in:

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                         Discipline this life & Realize Absolute Infinity

Thank you both for your input!

I will probably keep experimenting a while at the lower dosages until I get more of a feel for it and as long as I feel I get some value from it.

Thanks for posting this video, I remember watching it a while back but it should be a worthwhile rewatch!