What Am I

Iboga for spiritual work

11 posts in this topic

Anybody have experiences they're willing to share when it comes to iboga? Specifically for spiritual enhancement?

As many are probably aware, it's most well known for being especially effective among psychedelics at breaking strong addictions to harmful substances. What I find more interesting is its growing use at meditation retreats and the like. In this context, it's often used as a total alkaloid extract in microdose amounts. Since the effects last all day and build up over multiple days of use, it may just be the optimal psychedelic for microdosing. It's also my understanding that it doesn't create a tolerance.

I think the same mechanism that loosens a person's tightly held addictions will also loosen their false sense of self, thereby increasing the likelihood of awakening and realizing their true self as consciousness. This would be especially more likely to occur in an environment where techniques and efforts are applied towards that goal for an extended period of time. In a similar way that it creates a lasting effect of freeing people from addictions, the freeing of unwanted mental habits may be relatively perpetual as well. Very exciting stuff in theory, but I'd love to hear if anyone has already gone down this path.

I'm microdosing Iboga for spiritual work and I've recently decided to attend an actual Bwiti initiation soon, currently preparing this journey.

The higher I got with it as of now is 1.35g, I would compare the experience as maybe something like 2g - 2.5g of shrooms when it comes to intensity even though they are very different.
Iboga is grounded in reality, it's here now, not up there in the sky as shrooms or Ayahuasca. It cuts through all of the bullshit nonsense in your life and you get to have a great talk with your true self.

Usually I use it before going out for a walk, it kicks in when I'm walking and I get to think very clearly about wathever topic I have in mind,

When I took 1.35g I stopped at some point to lay down on the ground and also stopped multiple times on different bench and each time I closed my eyes, I would instantanely feel Infinity surrounding me and when you open your eyes, the world is there unchanged without any hallucination or whatever (note that synchronicities are more present though).

Obviously I can only speak for microdosing so I would say it's very good for insights, grounding, integrating psychedelic experience, being present and much much more..

In higher dose I've heard it's completely on another level, as the medicine once told me : "you barely scratched the surface here with microdosing" and it's already awesome so can't wait to try out the flood dose!

Thanks so much for sharing.

That's interesting to hear that the trip experience differs so much from mushrooms and DMT in the way it's less "out there" and more "right here". That really aligns with what I've been hearing, and it certainly makes sense why it'd be utilized at a meditation retreat. DMT shows you some incredible things, but it's as if you're experiencing the essence of an afterlife-type dimension, and it doesn't always translate that well into skills staying conscious in our everyday lives. Iboga sounds more promising in that aspect.

I wasn't expecting the effects to be so strong at those doses. For 1.35g of rootbark to be comparable in intensity to ~2g of mushrooms, that would mean a legit flood dose would be a pretty extreme event. Some of the flood dose numbers I've seen are around 15-20 grams. Though maybe it makes sense, as I've heard iboga flood doses referred to as the "final boss" lol. Comparable to a 5-MeO-DMT breakthrough in its own unique way. Many people rave about the beneficial results.

I think the microdose amounts of iboga TA extract I have in mind are closer to the equivalent of 100mg of rootbark. When taken daily, the effect is supposed to accumulate and increase over time due to the crazy long half-life of the iboga alkaloids. The effect is probably much more subtle than the microdose amounts you're using, but you'd be exposed to them for potentially weeks or months at a time. I guess it'll take some experimentation to see which is preferable.

This post on DMT-Nexus describes it better than I could: https://forum.dmt-nexus.me/threads/iboga-microdosing-guide.340246/

It sounds pretty healing, but also overwhelming. I'd really have to be in the right state to want to.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 3/31/2024 at 0:32 AM, Thought Art said:

It sounds pretty healing, but also overwhelming. I'd really have to be in the right state to want to.

I finally got around to watching these. I don't understand why they're so obsessed with tramadol in Africa. I guess it's a question of options, and that might be the only one they have when it comes to opiates/opioids. That first video even had a clip of an African song dedicated to tramadol lol. I guess they're lucky Africa happens to be the home of a natural psychedelic that can help strip them of their addictions.

It's my understanding that iboga's many alkaloids are complex tryptamines like no other. They supposedly affect way more receptors than other tryptamines, and even go so far as to affect the receptors involved with salvia. The metabolites stay active in your system for a month. It's super interesting if nothing else. I can't yet speak to whether the subjective effects are desirable.

Here's a few really interesting videos.

The first two are Hamilton Morris going into the scientific aspect and describing what makes it so unique among psychedelics.

The last is in link form because apparently it's old enough to where YouTube won't allow a video embed. It's Aubrey Marcus describing a high dose TA iboga extract experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR9P7ksKktM

Posted (edited)

Here's a video that discusses iboga and 5-MeO-DMT use at a meditation retreat. It's an interview with the guy who created the Samadhi series on YouTube, which is an amazing series of videos and worth checking out.

Iboga is brought up around the 22:32 mark. The whole interview is pretty cool though.

Edited by What Am I

I have been investigating Iboga.  Most of the places that do ceremonies are in Costa Rica.   Mexico does Ibogaine in a clinical setting.   Combining Iboga with Meditation in a retreat for the purpose of awakening sounds really interesting.   Are there any of these retreats coming up that use Iboga?

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Posted (edited)

I agree, it's super interesting. The only retreat I'm aware of that utilizes iboga is the retreat ran by Daniel Schmidt from the video, and I believe they're held in Canada. It also looks like there's none happening until later this year: https://awakentheworld.com/blog/samadhi-center-meditation-retreats/

I'm personally much more interested in taking the concept of utilizing iboga TA extract microdoses for meditation and applying it in the privacy of my own home. Some people do better in a ceremony or retreat environment, which I totally understand and respect, but I think I've always done better on my own. Though I could certainly see the benefit if you have an exceptionally skilled (ie actually awakened) person running it.

Edited by What Am I

5 minutes ago, What Am I said:

I agree, it's super interesting. The only retreat I'm aware of that utilizes iboga is the retreat ran by Daniel Schmidt from the video, and I believe they're held in Canada. It also looks like there's none happening until later this year: https://awakentheworld.com/blog/samadhi-center-meditation-retreats/

I'm personally much more interested in taking the concept of utilizing iboga TA extract microdoses for meditation and applying it in the privacy of my own home. Some people do better in a ceremony or retreat environment, which I totally understand and respect, but I think I've always done better on my own. Though I could certainly see the benefit if you have an exceptionally skilled (ie actually awakened) person running it.

I microdose Bufo Alvarius with Meditation.   But I think that an intensive retreat in an isolated environment with a skillful facilitator guiding the process could be powerful.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

9 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

I microdose Bufo Alvarius with Meditation.   But I think that an intensive retreat in an isolated environment with a skillful facilitator guiding the process could be powerful.  

Agreed, it could be the very thing that helps someone cross that seemingly insurmountable gap of authentic awakening. Admittedly, I'm making my judgement of a retreat's effectiveness for myself without ever having attended one. It's something to keep an open mind about I guess.

To my knowledge, I've never been in the physical presence of someone who's seriously skilled and awakened. I'd love to try that sometime, as it can supposedly produce profound effects on its own via the entrainment caused by their elevated energetic field.