jimwell

Bill Gates Explains The Internet in 1995 (Thanks Billy Boy)

3 posts in this topic

While watching the video, memories of me writing English books via MS Word in my home country and sending them for review via Google Drive to my Japanese business partner in Japan popped out of my head. I also remembered the times I had an online romance with my Japanese girlfriend (now my ex-wife) via the Line app.

I started to feel overwhelmed by the realization of how useful and revolutionary computers and the internet are. I paused the video to regroup myself, and then I contemplated further.

10 years after this interview, YouTube was created. YouTube has been very valuable to me for learning, entertainment, and even spirituality. I have watched thousands or tens of thousands of informational and how-to videos, nature documentaries, videos by Leo, and walking tour videos such as the one below.

I also remembered the times I booked flights via my computer and the internet. I felt very grateful and appreciative of the value such technologies provide.

I studied Computer Engineering in college. Though I was never serious with my studies and was one of the most foolish students in the university (not an exaggeration - I used to be wasted almost every night and frequently skip classes), my educational background is sufficient for me to understand the complexity of computer hardware and software.

Many people hate Bill Gates for various reasons. I dislike him for being able to sleep comfortably at night with his billions despite knowing billions of his fellow humans are living paycheck-to-paycheck, monetarily destroyed, or starving. Only a very selfish human is able to pull it off.

But I must say Bill Gates and Paul Allen do deserve to be in the top 1%. They materialized a vision which is very powerful and transformative. I can't help but feel grateful to them and their company's salary slaves. 

Aside from the things I've already mentioned, I must add ChatGPT and this forum. ChatGPT has become a need for me. And this forum, enables me to publicly and easily express myself and share my thoughts via writing. 

The last force which inspired me to create this post was the realization that the computer and internet have made it possible for me to see and know that God's epitome of feminine beauty does exist, just thousands of kilometers away from me. 

Screenshot_20240319-184759.png

Screenshot_20240322-125851.png

Such a level of beauty has never existed in my vicinity (or perhaps it did 1 or 2 times in my entire life). Thanks to the PC and internet, now I know that girls as beautiful as these do exist. This enables me to create a new vision or expand my existing one.

You might argue that Instagram owes its existence to Android. But you must recognize that Android itself owes its existence to the foundational technologies of the PC and internet.

Don’t forget, no Xbox without Bill Gates either ^_^

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I used to play computer games when I was a kid and teenager. Yes, you can include Xbox. :)