tuku747

Denial and Acceptance

5 posts in this topic

I recommend meditating on the energies of denial and acceptance for a moment. 

How does denial feel in the body? And how does acceptance feel?

The buddhist mode of thought seems to tend towards denial of the self leading to self-annhilation.

The path Leo recommends tends towards realization of the self as identical with Everything, The All, aka God.

My question is, why do we continuously obsess by denying any notions of self, enlightenment, or God?

If the self is everything, then does it not include everything as well?

Shouldn't our mode of thought be to make peace with all that is, all that we are?

Witnessing the incessant back and forth that plays out on this forum, between is and isn't... 

Why not both?

42 minutes ago, tuku747 said:

My question is, why do we continuously obsess by denying any notions of self, enlightenment, or God?

If the self is everything, then does it not include everything as well?

Shouldn't our mode of thought be to make peace with all that is, all that we are?

"Everything " is not like an infinite possibility of potential beings and experiences.  Its just whatever exists right now and nothing more . That's the mistake in your reasoning. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Someone here said:

"Everything " is not like an infinite possibility of potential beings and experiences.  Its just whatever exists right now and nothing more . That's the mistake in your reasoning. 

This is exactly what I mean though. Who are you to say it isn't? Why limit it? Why deny?

Edited by tuku747

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, tuku747 said:

That's why I always say that you don't need to deny or reject anything... no matter if it's pain/suffering or conceptual stories of self, me vs other, (human) existence, (non)duality, enlightenment, God or whatever else; all of these things are part of the perfect design of reality and have absolute divine value, otherwise they would not exist. You just need to recognize it all for what it really is.

Which doesn't mean that bullshit isn't bullshit. ;)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?