Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZenAlex

Food Intolerance/Allergy tests - Legit or bullshit?

4 posts in this topic

So some of you may be aware of my issues and I've had tonnes of tests done, I decided to get food intolerance/allergy test done. My NHS told me that it's basically bullshit and not based on science, but I did it anyway.

I remember a month before I took the test, I had my last handful of almonds. I coughed for 30 minutes after eating them and remember my throat feeling itchy. May just be coincidence but I thought may it's worth getting a test done, and I stopped eating almonds out of fear because of my last experience eating them. 

lo and behold, the biggest allergy I have is to almonds, according to this test anyway, despite eating them daily for many years. 

I am giving being gluten free another shot, I am also giving up nuts of any kind during this time, and my doc advised 6-8 weeks is sometimes a necessary timescale to notice any changes. 

This company that I did the tests with also offers an appointment with a nutritional therapist as part of the deal. I am going to go to the apt with an open mind and see what happens.

Allergy test -

allgery.jpg

Food intolerance.

intolerance.jpg

Posted (edited)

Authors such as David Hawkins and others I've read have suggested that people can have food allergies, but they don't manifest unless a person is in a stressed/sympathetic dominant body state, from being stressed, lonely, and anxious. A lot of times this stress feels so normal to people they don't even realize they have it. It's a state of tension they carry with themselves constantly. David Hawkins in his books told of how he cancelled his belief system in having an "allergy" to foods or thinking they were bad for him, and was able to resume eating foods he hadn't eaten for years. I believe it was his book "Healing and Recovery" but it might have also been "Letting Go"

There are people with genuine allergies that will end up in a hospital if they end up consuming the item, such as with peanuts and latex, but that's far different than just feeling crappy after eating something. Those type of "allergies" are more a result of being overly stressed out, in my opinion... so stressed out it becomes your default state of being. I can speak from experience. It also comes from analysis paralysis, and using Dr. Google to research "too much" about nutrition and health. Overthinking, overanalyzing, micromanaging. All that is stressful. All that is ego. I'm guilty of all this crap. LOL

Edited by sholomar

Posted (edited)

Somehow I am doubtful that this was true IgE test. If you had true allergies to all these things at such a severe level, you would have known since childhood because you would have possibly experienced anaphylactic shock from eating nuts. Maybe not, maybe it depends on severity but somehow this test seems wrong. 

I'd double-check with the company if their report was truly IgE or if they might have confounded it with IgG, which the above resembles more. Sometimes people writing these reports might do a typo

And the fact you said they are trying to upsell you to book a session with NT is a second red flag, because this is what most IgG testing companies do, earn money from pseudoscience. I take it back if this is indeed true IgE 

Worth checking. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

16 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Somehow I am doubtful that this was true IgE test. If you had true allergies to all these things at such a severe level, you would have known since childhood because you would have possibly experienced anaphylactic shock from eating nuts. Maybe not, maybe it depends on severity but somehow this test seems wrong. 

I'd double-check with the company if their report was truly IgE or if they might have confounded it with IgG, which the above resembles more. Sometimes people writing these reports might do a typo

And the fact you said they are trying to upsell you to book a session with NT is a second red flag, because this is what most IgG testing companies do, earn money from pseudoscience. I take it back if this is indeed true IgE 

Worth checking. 

The food intolerance test is Igg

Alergy test is IGE. 

They didn't charge extra for the nutritional therapist, that came as part of the deal.

https://www.yorktest.com/products/food-allergy-test/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5rnpzsuPhQMVtZBQBh3ujAxsEAAYASAAEgKP6fD_BwE