ShardMare

Most important thing in self-help, forgetfulness

2 posts in this topic

In my opinion forgetfulness is the most important thing on this journey. (After self-deception. But i dont have clue on how deep self-deception is, im a regular person and I think for most people on this journey forgetfulness is the most important)

Journaling down stuff is the most important stuff. After you have done lots of this work its not enough to understand it because you can forget it.

For example: (these are some of the things that comes to my mind right now)

-You've lived hundreds of days like this, nothing bad will happen

-be grateful of how much your parents helped you

-be grateful, chinese people work from 9am to 9pm

-Ask yourself right now how do you feel? What thoughts did you have before reading your notes?

-Dont rush, why?

I made this post a while ago:

Razard86 talked about acceptance. But im not on that consciousness level like a buddhist to accept whatever that is happening. Why am i trying to improve myself? What about if its about suffering?

Sometimes i just sit down and try to brainstorm ideas. Actually applying ideas are really important. But sometimes its better to just remind yourself of these thoughts. Because u will forget them if you only do visualization, affirmations, meditations etc.

Because maybe you've read online that lots of people regret working too much and you have problems with workaholism. Then this thought helps you. But maybe few months after workaholism comes back. (Maybe this example was bad because you actually have to question yourself more deeply why do are you actually workaholic)

What do you think?

Self-improvement is only as good as the degree to which you internalize the concepts.

The trick in my experience to counteract backsliding and forgetting stuff is to act on a concept immediately after learning it. Either contemplating/writing down in a journal for theoretical stuff and pure action for more practical stuff. If you've forgotten an idea, then act on it the moment you remember.