Someone here

Great Sufi chanting

12 posts in this topic

We all know that one of the core pillars to spirituality is reducing your egoic tendencies..and it is necessary to adopt a serious spiritual practice to get there. I know because thats a trap ive fallen into . You cannot achieve awakening through theory alone.

a practice That constantly trains you to drop your sense of ego is mandatory. I like the sufi /Islamic mysticism practices. The constant chanting and prayers  and uncontrolled body movements (including rotation) is supposed to give you an experience of losing your sense of self and oneness with your environment. So you are no longer the one who is chanting.. You become the chant itself. You are no longer the body that rotates.. You become the rotating itself. You become one with Allah.

La ilaha illallah =there is no deity but Allah.

This gave me a sense of ego death and melting with the universe and becoming one with Allah.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

These are ottoman / Turkish nakshibendi sufis. Dedicated for Allah. However, some of them lost the path. The guy who is the head of them died from heart attack couple years ago. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

20 minutes ago, James123 said:

The guy who is the head of them died from heart attack couple years ago. 

May him rest in peace .

Dead people know the truth .because the veil has been lifted .

BTW it's ironic your profile picture is of sufi dervishes rotation 😂 

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

May him rest in peace .

Dead people know the truth .because the veil has been lifted .

BTW it's ironic your profile picture is of sufi dervishes rotation 😂 

I know. My background is Sufi / Muslim. 

Just now, James123 said:

I know. My background is Sufi / Muslim. 

I am currently researching islam .

I actually made a thread here before your unban that I want to become a muslim . But people here made fun of me and thought I'm a nutcase.

I think the Islamic tradition is one of the most potent forms of spirituality. Especially the Sufi sect . But unfortunately it's not trendy in the west because of Islam being portrayed as an evil religion that allows violence (ya know 11/9 and the rest of the story ).

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I am currently researching islam .

I actually made a thread here before your unban that I want to become a muslim . But people here made fun of me and thought I'm a nutcase.

I think the Islamic tradition is one of the most potent forms of spirituality. Especially the Sufi sect . But unfortunately it's not trendy in the west because of Islam being portrayed as an evil religion that allows violence (ya know 11/9 and the rest of the story ).

No one will tell you anything about the sufisim. Look at Rumi, ibni Arabi, yunus Emre, imam ghazali, and many others. Most importantly prophet Muhammad. 

4 minutes ago, James123 said:

No one will tell you anything about the sufisim. Look at Rumi, ibni Arabi, yunus Emre, imam ghazali, and many others. Most importantly prophet Muhammad. 

Those are great . But at the end of the day Islam is a fixed or limited religion (just like all religions) ..and God is Absolute Infinity so you cannot expect a 600+ pages book (the Qur’an) to capture Infinity.  That's just the nature of God. It's endless. So you cannot expect Islam to have a monopoly over God.  That for me Is the only thing or barrier that prevents me from accepting Islam. Same with Buddhism and Hindu traditions. They are limited . The Truth is unlimited.  A piece of dog shit in the street is equally God as the Bible or the Qur’an. 

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Those are great . But at the end of the day Islam is a fixed or limited religion (just like all religions) ..and God is Absolute Infinity so you cannot expect a 600+ pages book (the Qur’an) to capture Infinity.  That's just the nature of God. It's endless. So you cannot expect Islam to have a monopoly over God.  That for me Is the only thing or barrier that prevents me from accepting Islam. Same with Buddhism and Hindu traditions. They are limited . The Truth is unlimited.  A piece of dog shit in the street is equally God as the Bible or the Qur’an. 

Have you ever read the Quran?

10 minutes ago, James123 said:

Have you ever read the Quran?

Not the entire thing . But I've read hundreds of pages . It's interesting. 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Not the entire thing . But I've read hundreds of pages . It's interesting. 

I have read 4 times. It is an amazing book. Read entirely. Moreover, your consciousness level is higher than average human beings. Everytime you read you realize something different. For me it is the best and untouched book ever created. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, James123 said:

I have read 4 times. It is an amazing book. Read entirely. Moreover, your consciousness level is higher than average human beings. Everytime you read you realize something different. For me it is the best and untouched book ever created. 

There's a wrinkle of wisdom and truth in all religions.  The Bible and the Vedas also are interesting.  I didn't study comparative religions so I can't judge which holy book is the best . 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

There's a wrinkle of wisdom and truth in all religions.  The Bible and the Vedas also are interesting.  I didn't study comparative religions so I can't judge which holy book is the best . 

You are right, if you didn't read that's normal. Moreover, this is just mine personal opinion.