Estige

Eating habits around the world

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys. All good?

I'm curious to know what is the daily eating habits of people from around the world, and to know if you feel healthy and well-nourished with your diet.

In my country, our basis food tends to be similar across different regions, but with few variations.

At breakfast or afternoon: we eat bread (here we call it "French bread" or "filão", which is wheat flour bread) with butter or cream cheese. We drink coffee (most often sweetened with sugar). Some people have the habit of eating scrambled eggs or fruit.

For lunch and dinner: rice and beans, some type of meat (usually red meat), cooked vegetables, and lettuce, arugula and tomato salad. During the week, we vary the type of meat, vegetables, and salad, while keeping rice and beans. The beans and rice are cooked with water, salt, onion and garlic. Actually, almost all the main meal is cooked with onion and garlic sautéed lol

This forms the basis of Brazil's eating habits.

I know that Northeastern cuisine in my country has some variations (but I don't know them all)

In Northeastern It is common to eat cassava flour, used to make tapioca, a type of "pancake" eaten for breakfast, and to make sautéed flour (farofa), eaten for lunch or dinner with cooked beans.
Corn flour is used to make couscous, a typical northeastern dish. It looks like a corn cake (usually a salted cake, acompannied with butter and eggs).

For disert it depends, but usually is chocolate, coffee, ice cream, paçoca (peanut sweet)...

I would like to do some variations for my dishes, try to do something different. I like my eating habits, but I want to learn something different! 

On the image, a typical Brazilian food dish

prato tipico.jpg

It's basically the same in Western Europe.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.