-
Content count
697 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by PsychedelicEagle
-
Take some time to let your anger pass and consider doing direct game for a while. Indirect game is the recipe for such kinds of frustrations, in my humble experience.
-
Mode 4 activated, through indirect game!
-
Beginning of the video is hilarious btw 🤣
-
@Olaf You are entering what Alan Roger Currie would call Mode 4. The solution is not mode 4 but mode 1.
-
PsychedelicEagle replied to Xonas Pitfall's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
+1 This is an interesting idea. -
PsychedelicEagle replied to Cred's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
Social withdrawal can happen throughout all levels of the spiral. In my experience, psychedelics made me more connected to the world around me, more environmentally responsible, and more tolerant of different backgrounds and perspectives. -
PsychedelicEagle replied to Alexop's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
🥂 -
PsychedelicEagle replied to LordFall's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
-
Hold through. It will pass, and you will be proud to look back and see what you've accomplished. Keep journaling and being mindful to prevent burnout and take care of your health. Health comes first, but if you're healthy, grind. Good post by @LordFall. The concept of "enjoying the journey" reminds me of another concept I learned in the 4 disciplines of execution: lead measures. The basic idea: for some objectives we have, by the time we see the results coming, they're already in. The authors call this a lag measure. So, to track progress in a more granular way (which helps with motivation and self-adjusting), we can ground ourselves in lead measures: The main benefit of lead measures is that they let you define "a good day" by what you did rather than by how far you still are from the outcome (apartment, car, etc.).
-
Asked it to download the last 100 posts and create a scatter plot. Funky cluster names haha (if I had scraped all posts it'd likely be better, but I didn't want to bombard the server for a simple experiment). I also asked it to create an interactive Marimo notebook where you can hover over and click on posts to visualize their contents below. I also guided it to extract the contents of images (it used Tesseract) so the quotes (which are images) are transcribed to text. So that the ML model mapping post contents onto the vector space (in which clustering takes place) has the correct information (the actual quote contents). All this took less than 10 minutes and 4 prompts on my end.
-
Yes. But even tagging itself can be framed as a series of coding and machine learning steps: Scrape the blog to download all posts locally (or fetch from the database, since you have access); Cluster the posts to define the tag taxonomy — a set of labels of interest; Classify each post into multiple labels. The nice thing about this is you could keep the scripts to automatically apply labels to every future post. Or to backfill existing posts if you wish to create a new label. You could also easily ask the LLM to generate insightful visualizations about the blog.
-
Yep. LLMs excel at coding cause it is symbolic manipulation. Let's prove this guy wrong, @Girzo!
-
@Leo Gura 🤣
-
All the mosquitoes he's been trapping.
-
I went through some rough periods in my life without antidepressants. I'm a very hard-minded person so I'm not sure this works for everyone, but I'm just saying for you to know it's possible. Whatever you choose: doing what's right is never wrong. By that I mean, implement the lifestyle factors that are proven to alleviate depression (some of them even more effective than antidepressants), even if you decide to take antidepressants. Sleep — every day same time on bed, enough hours, no screens late in the evening. Wake up — go out and see bright light for 2 minutes upon waking up — it aligns your circadian clock and helps sleep and hormone regulation Sun — go out and get sun whenever possible Diet — avoid all type of processed food. Eat as much fruits and veggies as possible. Nutrition — check if you're not defficient in some nutrient. Blood tests with a good doctor who knows what they're doing. Exercise — even if 15 minutes daily Nature — time in nature, put your feet on the ground, reconnect, breathe Meditation You don't need to do everything at once, here are many ideas. Sleep is obviously the most important. And if you decide to take antidepressants, have a strong plan to come off the medication. Start taking the drug without a solid plan to quit seems like waving your self-reliance away. You can ask your therapist for how long their clients take antidepressants. If they give you a wish-washy response, you know what's up.
-
I'm happy to help btw, should you decide to proceed with the tagging effort.
-
No way. I use LLMs to design and write complex code across very large codebases (tens of thousands of lines) daily, including tasks such as planning software architecture, designing robust infrastructure, creating concurrent and distributed systems, etc. Tagging the blog is the kind of work that LLMs would excel at, saving you A TON of time. Of course you'd frame the problem in a way that you can review the work before deploying to production. And the taxonomy is something you'd like to control yourself and not defer to the LLM. For verifiability, you could ask the model to create a script scrapping the blog, which you could then easily verify yourself before running. But the time saved would be immense. Modern LLM interfaces such as Claude Code allow you to quickly select a folder and start a task within seconds. A lot of the clunky friction a developer experiences to begin a project can be delegated to the AI, which is something it does well because there are so many examples of repositories around.
-
Thanks, good tip.
-
I think that's a good & healthy approach. In my mind: you don't try to distinguish. You just act from first principles. You know what respectful behavior for you means and you act in accordance to that. That's why having a principled approach to life is important. If she crosses a boundary, you enforce the boundary and walk away. If she comes after and changes her behavior, that demonstrates her interest (and that it was a shit test). You should not be running after the girl after she exhibits any behavior that resembles rejection. If the guy's goal is to get the girl regardless of her behavior he's already lost. And from that place he can exhibit rapey behavior, yes. So again, the importance of principles in one's modus operandi. If she comes back after the shit test then you know it was indeed a shit test and not real rejection. Hard to know until then, and one should not be chasing the girl in either way. However, being aware that such types of "shit testing" can occur helps the guy knows what's possible and be prepared when she unexpectedly comes back after you enforced your boundaries. Which is why the distinction is helpful IME.
-
I'd say you're not the exception — most people find these things boring. Which is why the ones who manage to consistently do them achieve remarkable results. One exercise for you: what do all things you mentioned to find boring — developing professional skills, learning about investing, eating healthy, going to the gym, meditation/contemplation — have in common?
-
💯
-
I agree with pickup lingo tunneling someone's vision — def a perspective limiting phenomenon. And I do agree that pickup itself has many problems. But I do think that for man/woman interactions it can be helpful to distinguish between playfully teasing and shit tests, if the goal is to get the girl. The nature of the shit test is the ungrounding attempt as my quote above highlights. Actually, we can argue that if playfulness is conveyed or perceived, it isn't a shit test. A true shit test is perceived as not playful, and sometimes even harsh criticism.
-
IME I have found this to not be the case at all. Women will intentionally, often subconsciously — sometimes even deliberately —, test you to see if you're truly grounded in your masculine energy. Masculine energy is about purpose, drive, handling tension, creating a safe container, self-reliance, independence, knowing you are good enough. When we men like the girl too much or think they're outside of our league, we tend to move away from our masculine energy and into more of a feminine energy, seeking safety and acceptance. (I know you probably know this, but I'm contextualizing my post, meant for the generic reader). As soon as the woman senses feminine energy in you, her pussy will get drier than the Sahara desert. Here's a great quote that I saved (from Corey Wayne I believe), about shit tests: All this said, @something_else, I truly agree with what you said about not tolerating disrespectful behavior. Some shit tests do indeed carry some form of disrespectful tone. In such cases, passing the shit test involves asserting your boundaries and self-worth. If she ever crosses that line again, she's done — walk away and never look back.
-
@Joshe your looks good as well 😋
-
Sounds delicious — I'mna try it someday. I just ate an improvised tofu salad that turned out delicious. Salty tofu with the sweetness from from fresh figs and oranges made it great. Also, the basil from the tofu seasoning with the tomatoes and the pak choi matched well.
