-
Content count
697 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by PsychedelicEagle
-
I fully agree with this. So we can't say we are NOT adapted to eat meat, but we can say we are adapted to eating mostly plants; predominantly fruits
-
You are right here, tho "significantly" is relative and depends on context. The lowest the intake and the highest the need, the more bioavailability matters. Above a certain threshold it does not really matter. This is false, but also depends on context. Given someone eats enough protein, plant protein has been associated with better health outcomes. But they're definitely not more bioavailable. The context is that nowawadays most people, especially non-athletes, get enough protein. And there can be such a thing as too much protein, apparently. Too-frequent and too-intense IGF-1 and mTOR stimuli may be bad for longevity (despite good for performance). Watch this masterclass from Prof. Luc van Loon:
-
There's a lot of evidence associating high salt intake with hypertension and organ damage. There's a reason why most health organizations (WHO, CDC, AHA) recommend limiting sodium to less than 2300 mg/day. There's also the evidence on indigenous populations, see images attached. Wisdom => SOS-free diet.
-
Late to the party, but I've posted about the device I've been using quite reliably for a long time in the post below. Very easy to vaporize and inhale a breakthrough dose of DMT or 5-MeO-DMT (pure chemical, freebase) in one shot. For DMT: - Sapphire heating unit (sold separately, better heat conductivity) - Turquoise temperature (lower) - 40 second heating time (party mode) - to inhale smoothly at lower temp For 5-MeO-DMT: - Regular heating unit (no need to use the sapphire for 5meo) - Orange temperature (higher) - 20 second heating time (It ships to europe @Chakra Lion)
-
How do you weigh/measure such small quantities of chemical? I have a mg scale and it's already unreliable for 5-MeO-DMT doses (anyway, I always make sure to weigh it regardless, for safety reasons, in addition to volumetric measurements).
-
LOL - I do sauna on a regular basis; after BJ started recommending this I cold shower the boyz before/after hoping it alleviates some of heat. At the gym I go to here in Switzerland, sauna is completely naked, so one cannot wear an ice bag
-
Interesting. I'm interested in doing more genetic testing this year.
-
Nice, let me know if you have any questions.
-
Essentia foundation is my guess 👀 Wishing good luck & thanks for the service 🤞
-
Very cool video indeed. Even got me watching how to make sourdough, despite my rarely eating/making bread myself.
-
Agreed; to add to it there is also the short vs long-term caveat. What you're eating now may make you feel good for the upcoming days, months, and even years, but it may be detrimental over decades for example (as it's the case for cardiovascular disease, as I edited above — and pretty much all chronic diseases).
-
Sounds like an OK approach, but how do you know you're optimizing for cardiovascular health (a silent killer that builds over decades)? I would suggest adding legumes to your diet if possible. Against most of the scientific evidence, including the largest meta-analyses. Again, I invite you to be open-minded and look at research that goes against your currently-held beliefs. For your own benefit. If you have evidence in favor of what you propose I'm happy to see it. I would recommend anyone interested tracking at least for a brief period. It builds great awareness on what you actually consume. Don't be afraid to take a peek at some point Butter is processed milk, not a whole food in my book. Same for cheese. If you wanna argue for eating meat and milk OK (I'd still suggest limiting their consumption if possible), but at least try to avoid butter. Replace it by nuts and seeds — or, peanut butter, tahini (still somewhat processed but at least unsaturated fats sources) — would be much healthier according to the scientific evidence. Always double-check the sources you see and look if they are being rigorous enough. There's a lot of noise nowadays on social media from facts that seem appealing (like the idea of "honoring your body signals") that are not corroborated by the epidemiological and experimental evidence. This is in a way excusing yourself to eat something that you enjoy (also fine, as long as you don't back-rationalize that it's healthier).
-
I would argue people are pooing too few times a day.
-
In 2021 a technical review studied 417 studies concluding that isoflavones cause no alteration and therefore cannot be classified as endocrine disruptors. I've also had this concern myself years ago, but I've now incorporated soy back into the approach and quite satisfied with it.
-
+1
-
My point is fiber is not emphasized enough. If you think in terms of food volume, the majority of a healthy diet should be composed of fiber-containing foods. From this POV, fiber-rich foods would dominate the base.
-
@freddyteisen Saturated fats are not essential; our bodies are highly efficient at synthesizing their own saturated fat from carbohydrates and proteins (lipogenesis). The fats that are essential are the Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids — both polyunsaturated. What you feed the cow modifies their body composition, but at meaningful doses? See this study for example, ratios between Sat-fat and Unsat-fat are roughly the same. The total fat content changes, but overall you're still ingesting more saturates than not. You must therefore limit saturated sources and increase polyunsaturated sources to achieve a better ratio for metabolic health. Even the new guidelines themselves advise to keep Sat-fat below 10% of caloric intake (and some sources would even argue <5-6%) — try tracking all your food intake with the Cronometer app and see how much of these foods you can consume without surpassing it. The guidelines are self-contradictory in this regard. This is a common narrative in the carnivore space. I invite you to take a peek outside and look for contrary evidence, with a serious open mind.
-
On the sub-thread of genetics, this guy provides an interesting perspective:
-
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I guess humanity has officially entered the phase of "artificial kidneys". We've polluted the world so much that we need artificial blood filtration
-
I would suggesting measuring before starting any supplementation, if possible. Then you can assess your baseline and whether supplementing is even necessary. After you start supplementing, you keep tracking to see if the dose is adequate. --- If you feel 'too-wired' with B vitamins, you could be sensitive to methyl donors. There are supplements that target this type of individual variability, such as: https://www.sunday.de/en/bioactive-b-complex-sensitive.html
-
Quite controversial to write "healthy fats" next to pretty much all major sources of saturated fat; goes against scientific evidence, which favors poly- and monounsaturated fats. Encouraging "whole foods" and disencouraging refined grains and carbohydrates is obviously positive. Btw, are butter, cheese, and yogurt "whole foods", really? They are all refined versions of milk IMHO. Also, emphasizing protein does not really address the major public health issues nowadays which are chronic diseases such as CVD, diabetes, obesity, etc. Emphasizing fiber would be more positive IMO.
-
Makes sense, especially glass containers, I think. I live in Europe too (Switzerland), but I am a bit extreme with my health interventions so I like to avoid as much canned/packaged/processed as possible.
-
I have been SOS-free (with the exception of olive oil) for the last 2y. Sugar I get from whole fruits; never missed any industrialized or more artificial type of dessert. As for salt, my palate adjusted over the course of a month, but of course adding salt (in the rare occasions when I still have it) makes it more tasty. But I love what I eat on a regular basis, so generally quite adapted. The major benefit besides lower sodium intake is you are better able to control how much you eat.
-
Some random thoughts: After eliminating all animal sources from 98% of my meals, I achieved the best biomarkers of my life (tracking for the last 10+ years), including HbA1c, fasting glucose and fasting insulin, LDLc, ApoB, and inflammation markers (NLR, WBC). "Whole-food plant-based" is the base of any healthy diet, being it vegan, vegetarian, or omnivorous; fiber is the most overlooked nutrient; A significant portion of the general population (not only vegan/vegetarian) has suboptimal B12 levels; tracking Homocysteine and serum folate and B12 (alongside other markers) is the safe way to assess your functional levels; You don't need to eliminate all animal sources to have a positive impact (on both your and the planetary health); Bioaccumulation is a real problem; many sources show vegans having lower levels of multiple toxins compared to omnivores. Mineral deficiency can happen with any dietary bias (e.g., carnivores are magnesium deficient); it has to be assessed on a personal level. Personally I need higher intakes of Calcium and Zinc, I supplement with both.
-
Legumes are super healthy; if you won't eat legumes if not canned, what would you be eating instead? Always compare a food to what you would replace it with. In terms of toxins, canned/packaged foods are known to contain a variety of toxins and endocrine disruptors, including: Bisphenols & Phthalates, PFAS, and the breakdown products of linings (e.g., microplastics from the caps of bottles) and reaction products formed during heat sterilization. Maybe glass jars are better than cans, but who knows. If you plan on consuming it daily (which is really good in many nutritional dimensions), then avoiding canned would be important. Tip: buy an instant pot (or similar electric cooker, preferably pressurized for beans and chickpeas). You can soak the legumes overnight, rinse in the morning, and put them to cook on Monday morning — making a batch for the week. If you have a set of ground spices you enjoy you can prepare a mix in advance and simply add that to the pot before cooking. Bonus for making your own food: you can more easily control the amount of Sugar, Oil, and Salt, or even go completely SOS-free
