Sugarcoat
Member-
Content count
7,931 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Sugarcoat
-
Sugarcoat replied to Inliytened1's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I see. Maybe reality is real but that there’s a dream quality to my specific pov of reality. -
In the context of other healthy habits and I don’t think it’s big deal if you feel good physically. But it also depends on your standards, even if you don’t personally notice effect from certain additives, there can still be some effect that’s not optimal , so if you’re reallyyyy into the pursuit of optimal health then it could be better to switch depending on the rest of the ingredients (beans and lentils are good tho) But if you’re asking this question then I guess you’re not in the Bryan Johnson crowd 🤣
-
Okay 😂😂
-
Once Eckhart Tolle was asked about alcohols effect on consciousness he said something like “if your state of consciousness is affected by a few glasses of wine then there’s not much to it”. Basically saying that if your state of consciousness is high or stable or whatever, a bit of alcohol shouldn’t affect you or hurt your spiritual development . So it’s not that it increases it, just that if you start of with high consciousness (and i think mental stability also works this way) then it has less effect. From personal experience, even if I drink a lot, I never lose control and I’m aware of everything I say and do. It only dims my reality a bit, doesn’t bring anything up for me (that’s why I don’t crave it becuase I don’t get euphoric) Not saying I have high consciousness I’d rather say it’s consistency in my personality and not having much repressed tendencies that can come up when theres less inhibition. If alcohol is sedating or makes people obnoxious etc it’s odd that you in particular would feel more conscious on it. Also considering it’s a toxic substance.
-
Yea. I think the recommendations has some influences yes. And yea I drink it too in coffe only One reason may be that because it contains a lot of nutrients, it’s healthy in that aspect, and since it’s convenient (it’s one single food with plenty nutrients that many find appetizing, instead of being recommended to combine several plants to get the same nutrients) then they’re more likely to recommend it because in some way they’re trying to make it easily applicable to public But nutrient dense ofc doesn’t automatically mean healthiEST. For example full fat diary has quite a bit saturated fat, and they still recommend max 10% saturated fat a day. So it’s a little contradictory to recommend it so much. Some thoughts
-
I have heard that if every human on earth consumed daily animal products in the high quantity that a lot of people in the west do , even if it all was sustainably raised it wouldn’t be sustainable, cows etc need a lot of land to graze and food, and they still release methane. In smaller quantity I think it’s ok but not too much .
-
3 servings of full fat dairy a day is recommended LOL might as well buy a cow 😭 I think, if you are someone with decent health that feels good on Whole Foods, you aren’t sensitive to fiber or something, and you care about your imprint on this planet, It is responsible to also consider the environmental impact of what you consume. I think here in Sweden when you read dietary guidelines they also write about environmental impact which is good because it’s important. Also from what I’ve read for a while, lot of science says a diet that is mostly plants and less animal products is better for most people 🤔 so it’s a bit “hmmmm” seeing it shift in another direction, and makes one wonder what it’s all based on. But also ofc it’s important to make healthy foods in general more available and convenient because many people aren’t quite motivated to do better unfortunately
-
Stretching in combo with good body awareness is best. So you target exactly what you need the most. You feel in your body where is most tension, where are you most limited in movement. And you find the exact movement that give you most release Stretching overall is good ofc, but when its targeted then its even better. What I’ve done is just experiment for myself with different stretches and feeling into it. You could even invent movements you haven’t seen before
-
For me I feel the main factor is simply that if I feel discomfort in my body in the form of for example a lot of muscle tension, bloating or whatever, it takes some of my attention and it bothers me to certain degree, so I’m less able to enjoy and focus on what I’m doing.
-
Sugarcoat replied to Inliytened1's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Yea even if we’d say it’s not real, doesn’t make a difference to our current experience, our reality is this current limited experience , so in some way it seem to exist Do you think if all fear and need is gone then limits are gone too, why can we be in deeply calm state but still remain in this limited experience then? I have in my own experience felt how fear is correlated to a ”denser “ sense of self. But I also feel there’s component to it that’s just “there” kinda no matter how I feel Even if one hasn’t arrived at insight into nature of reality some of these ideas still make sense somehow . And even if it doesn’t it’s okay I’m not looking for a concept to satisfy me (I think 🤣) -
Sugarcoat replied to OBEler's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Good news 👍🏻 -
Sugarcoat replied to OBEler's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I thought it was funny … yes I agree with you . Its almost an intuition, self recognize self, how we sometimes can sense if someone is speaking from a place of having a self like most of us or is genuinely speaking from “another place”(place of no place). Not that it’s necessarily important because I agree we should be concerned with ourselves first and foremost (in healthy way, I know what u meant originally, spiritually, ). But maybe if we can recognize clearly duality it’s a step towards recognizing non duality (now I’m just philosophizing) … -
Sugarcoat replied to OBEler's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
When you go to non dual therapist and you just leave with worse self esteem than you came -
Sugarcoat replied to Inliytened1's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Shared dream as in the seeming reality we live in today where we live in same world? -
Sugarcoat replied to Inliytened1's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
The first part of the sentence is where I lean too in my view. I’m open to the idea that other type of form are related to self (like maybe the brain producing it). Partly because of my own inner experiences But isn’t there something untruthful about the self? You guys talk about non duality being truth so much, the average human walks around experiencing that they’re super real (meaning separate) isn’t it something illusory about it? It’s cool that you’re spiritual but still able to incorporate science concepts into it. I don’t see those things as completely contradictory either. Even if the experience of consciousness/self awareness seems so different from an object doesn’t mean it’s independent of it -
Sugarcoat replied to Inliytened1's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Oh ok that was my guess. -
Sugarcoat replied to Inliytened1's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
When you say “you had multiple consciousnesses” you don’t mean a single person somehow having access to multiple consciousness but rather reality being expressed as multiple consciousness? -
Sugarcoat replied to Inliytened1's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
What forum is that? -
Sugarcoat replied to Inliytened1's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
If we agree self is illusion. And that oneness/non duality is true. Why would reality be limited to produce only one single illusion. Might as well say why would reality be limited to only producing one single experience (the appearances you’re experiencing now, this screen, the noise etc). The illusion is the separation (I don’t know this but let’s say), so it’s this separate experience, so we can’t say “oh it’s all one because what we mean by solipsism is that there is only one universal self” , because that’s not the illusion, that’s oneness, two different things. From what I’m understanding, solipsism is talking about the limited self being only one of that kind. Because if not then it’s just another way of talking about non duality. But you could say that you only have access to your own experience/self, so from your perspective when you experience another person it’s another aspect of your singular experience. But that’s not the same as concluding there’s no illusion happening from any other perspective, in another person, just that you won’t have access to it directly. If I can feel I exist why couldn’t it happen somewhere “else” in all of infinity? I haven’t read so much of the thread just adding some thoughts hopefully I’m not just saying what’s already been concluded 100 times… -
Lube?
-
Why does this post feel like it all boils down to you not wanting to use condom? 🤣 You can be with woman who is on birth control. I haven’t googled this but I guess with some birth control it’s safe enough to skip condom in terms of pregnancy risk Also even if she happens to get pregnant. Make sure whenever you’re with a girl, that she doesn’t want kids or that she’d never have kid if the father doesn’t want it. Maybe it feels weird to bring up if it’s just short term. It’s kinda like asking if someone is tested for std. But I mean its better than being unwanted father… If she is set on that, in worst case if she gets pregnant she’s gonna 100 % have abortion (if country allows abortion, if not then its bigger problem and stronger precautions when having sex are needed)
-
Eheh Thanks for the tip
-
Sugarcoat replied to integral's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I have mentioned before a interview of some guy who apparently managed to overcome (as in not experience it as suffering anymore if I remember correctly) the pain of trigeminal neuralgia through extreme mindfulness practice while he had it. Trigeminal neuralgia is considered one of the most painful conditions, causing pain some describe as 10/10. I’ve seen video of woman hysterically crying and shaking in pain. It’s something that I think about, if you transcend pain you have like unlocked a new level of freedom in life that’s like super human -
Sugarcoat replied to CARDOZZO's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Another solution is to just meditate on the toilet. My family isn’t so fond of it, but hey, they dont exist, so -
Sugarcoat replied to CARDOZZO's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Good to know
