Jirh
Member-
Content count
1,016 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Jirh
-
AI is getting out of hand: https://www.instagram.com/reel/DaLjby-Nlxh/ https://www.instagram.com/reel/DZ93w7iu9bR/ https://www.instagram.com/reel/DZ1ErTpoyvX/ 😂
-
Jirh replied to Bashar's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Permission is not promotion. No one would even consider suicide unless they're going through unbearable suffering. And when things gets real, people will do what they have to do, regardless of my opinion or anyone's opinion. Permission also helps. In many cases, the sense of freedom and agency can be the wall between life and death. Would you rather know that there is an end to the suffering? Or believe that you're eternally stuck? -
Jirh replied to Bashar's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@cetus 👍🏻 I meant contain as in emotionally. More of an allowance than restriction. -
Jirh replied to Bashar's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Joshe Suicide is not a philosophical inquiry. It's a torturing experience. You cannot reason someone out of suicide. It never works. But you can understand and contain them and allow their expression of suffering a space to exist, so they can feel safe again, which might lower the chances that they would actually go through with it. It's paradoxical like that. -
It's not realistic or pragmatic to select a partner based on this criterion of disablement. Nobody counts for this possibility because it's rare statistically.
-
@Someone here
-
@Someone here Do you believe in jynxing?
-
Jirh replied to emptiness dancing's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Magic is not defined by impossibility. Magic is our lived experience. Life is inherently magical by itself. It is in a sense impossible, yet somehow happening, but we forget and take it for granted. -
@Someone here Oooh, it's gonna be spicy tonight! Expect many goals.
-
@Joshe I see it the same way 💯 Although, it wasn't always like that, and it's still relatively easy to get immersed in the topic and forget the ultimate point of human well-being. But I'm improving as I'm learning to keep my identity separate from my ideas.
-
@Natasha Tori Maru The experience of being accepted through disagreement is likely the highest form of human connection. It signals presence and deep care. For me, what it communicates is: "I am with you, and I will support you whether or not we share the same perception. My disagreement with you is my way of looking out for you." But ego and lack of trust often get in the way. And most people don't have the prerequisites for such a way of communication, like critical thinking skills or high consciousness, even when they come from a good place. And then we have a broad layer of logical fallacies that most people are not even aware of, which kills effective communication. It's extremely rare to have someone with whom it is safe to disagree with, let alone enjoyable or beneficial. This line is gold, by the way. It suggests you value the craft even when you reject the conclusion, which is its own kind of intellectual generosity. You're not just tolerating the process; you're savoring it. That's rare too.
-
@Sugarcoat How perceptive!!
-
So everyone we like is toxic? That doesn't make sense. Actually, I have disagreed with both of them on different occasions, and we still engage in a neutral way. I don't understand why you are feeling this strongly about them.
-
@Elliott Actually, these two in particular are some of my favourite people here. I especially like the structure of their logic and how they gradually break down and present their arguments.
-
@Natasha Tori Maru Ouch! That had to hurt, regardless of whether it was true or not Regarding this thread, I don't know if my perspective is the right one for him right now. I said my piece, was met with rejection, so the ball is in his court now. He can make whatever he wants of it. At least I demonstrated how 100% authenticity is not a problem. So that's a seed planted, hopefully.
-
@Natasha Tori Maru It rarely lands well when there's little receptivity. Maybe this is more of a venting outlet.
-
@Miguel1 Well, then I have nothing more to offer. Hope you find a solution to this dilemma. Good luck.
-
You said the max you've tried is 75-85% authenticity. I am suggesting that you try 100%, even if it costs you in the beginning, because it's more rewarding in the long run. I am suggesting questioning this. You aren't really forced to work in a big company for survival. There are plenty of ethical jobs that satisfy most basic survival needs. But you are asking for more and paying the price and refusing to see that you are doing so. You aren't misaligned in life. You're choosing to misalign yourself and refusing to take responsibility for your choices.
-
@Miguel1 Pardon my bluntness, but clearly you are choosing to play those games at the cost of your authenticity, therefore creating a heavy facade that's tiring and draining you, even though no one is forcing you. I would examine the small choices made every day in social situations. There is virtually no real excuse for engaging in games and lies and manipulation unless physical safety is on the line. And even then, I would say, in many cases, you can figure out smart ways to stay true to yourself without endangering your physical body. For example, if religious persecution is a threat, you can choose to make an absolute boundary that you do not discuss these private matters. But I doubt physical safety is the motivation here. You probably want social benefits like validation, belonging, sex, etc... and the price has become too high for you. Not because the price is real, but because you are making payments in cheap currencies like games, lies, and manipulation instead of the truth. The real question isn't "Why are people so fake?". It's "Why do I keep showing up to a game I hate, hoping to win a prize I don't respect?" You are absolutely free to stop engaging in whatever is causing you pain. I'm not saying you have to, but it's worth contemplating why you haven't yet.
-
@Razard86 Being alone is a thought.
-
I honestly have no idea who you're implying. So far, I've never met anyone like this on this forum. Everyone here seems genuine and earnest. Disagreement is a natural consequence of multiple perspectives. And misunderstandings can happen. We're all humans.
-
@Miguel1 I don't think you're an extrovert. A natural extrovert genuinely likes being social without rules or expectations. It is actually a refreshing and recharging experience for him/her. A natural extrovert is not out there playing games to manipulate or get something. He is just being himself. Enjoying being social because that in itself is rewarding for him.
-
Maybe your acting is terrible and you're making too many detours around the original script that was handed to you. It would be wise if you stick to your role and stop making me doubt my precious solipsism. Let's say it together: only Majed is real and the rest are all imaginary 😅
-
@StaraX There is an experience; something that has actually happened. And then there is an interpretation of said experience; a mental layer on top of that experience. When someone cannot explain their reasoning behind something, it's often because they haven't truly thought about it, or maybe thought but not deeply enough to make sense. If I claim that my coworker ignored me on purpose because they don't respect me, that's the interpretation. The actual experience was: they walked past without saying hello. Maybe they were distracted, had headphones on, or were deep in thought. But if I fuse the two, I'll start acting cold toward them, and when asked why, I'll just say "they disrespected me" as if it's a fact. I won't be able to explain why I think that, because I never separated the raw event from my story about it. I just felt it, believed it, and reacted. By the way, you killed me with the lion zebra broccoli metaphor 😂
-
@Carl-Richard Some people adopt the mindset of personal responsibility above all else. For these people, leaving a toxic environment is the ultimate act of agency. So, when they bring up leaving, they are nudging towards that end. It's not my stance, but at the same time, it's not always motivated by maleficence. But I haven't read the entire dialogue, so I may be missing important context.
