Jirh
Member-
Content count
1,016 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Jirh
-
Jirh replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Not necessarily. But I can tap into it and out of it at will. If spiritual people are wired differently than normies, then I am wired differently than both. I understand both perspectives and can tap into and outta them wherever I want. I can hangout with high consciousness and low consciousness people. But my preference is high consciousness. -
I already admitted I am not above it. I suffer for the minor losses of others that I care about, let alone mine. But the point is that the suffering is not embedded in the experience of losing a child. There are other factors that determine how valuable children are to someone. Sometimes, losing a child may be perceived as better than having them.
-
This one in particular is clearly imaginary for me. Not that I am above it, but that I see how it's constructed. A few thousand years ago, children were not seen as humans. They were survival machines, specifically created to extend the parent's territory. You kill one of my children? I enslave your wife and create two more. Also animals don't weep their dead children, they eat them. At least cats and some other species are so.
-
Yes. Not only for "nerds". This applies to virtually everyone. Club girls are not long term relationship material. They're fun, but that's their limit. To add my 2 cents to the op; You can develop your social skills to crazy levels, but don't confuse that with finding a great long term partner. These are two different things. A "nerd" can be socially awkward and still land a hot wife. While someone with skill beyond imagination can end up alone, clubbing and cycling between shallow appearances.
-
You have to also consider long term effects. A smart alcoholic will lose IQ points over time, eventually they will be reduced to a monkey.
-
@Carl-Richard 🤝🏻💯
-
@Carl-Richard These things you mentioned might put you in a better mind-space, but they don't necessarily increase your IQ on a fundamental level. They are mostly temporary boosts that can make your overall functionality higher, but that's not the same thing as a structural increase. Because once you stop them or deviate a little, you will lose it. But of course you want to be at the most optimal place for performance. But what actually increases IQ is simply learning and experience; both in breadth and in depth. You want to have as much different experiences as possible, and you want to go deep into them as much as possible. This mixture helps big picture understanding and fundamental correctness, which are the pillars of high IQ. We might think geniuses are born that way. But what we don't see behind the scenes is the many years spent in learning the basics that allowed them to eventually reach to crazy advanced levels of intelligence. But there are also several skills that factor into IQ that you don't necessarily learn logically, but somehow intuitively pick up, like pattern matching and associative memory. Those intuitive leaps don't come from nowhere, they come from having a richly connected neural network built by diverse, deep learning. The more hooks you have in your brain, the more patterns you can spot. And like you said: EQ is not separate from IQ, so increasing one will increase the other. Social skills are mostly a facet of EQ, so becoming more socially adapted increases your overall intelligence.
-
What most people don't know is that you can actually increase your IQ.
-
Women are judged for having emotional baggage. Men are judged for not having enough thereof.
-
Jirh replied to Zeroguy's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
When a baby learns how to walk, it doesn't straight up just stand up and walk. It falls down repeatedly until it learns the right balance. Same thing when you're learning how to ride a bike or how to drive a car. You can't do it perfectly until you make some errors. If you're doing the work correctly, these are signs of progress, and they should be temporary. If they persist, then there is a problem. On the other hand, I would be wary of people who never experienced any of those signs, because that means they're not learning anything. Spiritual progress is not linear. It's messy and confusing and doesn't have one single map. But it's also very rewarding if you are serious about it. -
Jirh replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Believe it or not, till this day and after all these years doing personal development and enlightenment work, deconstructing the self and questioning my beliefs, I still catch my self having these thoughts about telepathy, and I still put in conscious effort to remind myself how delusional they are. Fuck these sticky shitty beliefs man. I've ridden myself of many beliefs, but these ones about telepathy still haunt me sometimes. -
The moment you stop seeing self-deception is the moment you are perfectly deceived.
-
Jirh replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
These are not the same things said in different ways. Not even close. "The sensual touch induces endorphinergic signalling which synergizes with the placebo effect which increases the innate regenerative mechanisms of the body" is simultaneously infinitely more truthful (epistemically correct) and useful (pragmatic) and magical (ontologically correct) than the bland, useless, ignorant, tautological, mythical "healing energy leads to healing". Notice that the scientific explanation offers many things that the psychic explanation doesn't: A clear unhidden mechanism. Epistemic humility. Openness for being wrong. Clarity. Capacity for criticism. Possibility of development. A whole bunch of established terms. The magical part is that each of those terms/components is inexplicable ultimately, yet somehow, we can spot it and make use of it. The psychic explanation is vague and closed and completely useless. Nothing to find there. Nothing to discuss. Nothing to improve. Purely mythical and dogmatic. It offers nothing. It proves nothing. It says nothing. -
@Leo Gura Fair enough. Hope you find your girl.
-
@Leo Gura But nobody can clear that bar. Everyone lies in ways that we consider okay. For example, makeup is a lie. But you'd still rather have your girl pretty with makeup than less prettier without. Also going to the gym is a lie in a way. We're forcing our bodies to look something that's not compatible with the way we live. Wearing clothes is a form of lying too, because it hides the truth underneath it. It changes the truth depending on what clothes are worn. Yet, we still wear clothes. If the problem was regarding your truth about attraction, then you should have broken up first before her asking that question. Or at least you should have told her to get in shape or you'll dump her.
-
Why did that end the relationship? Big butt is a compliment these days wtf 😂 Anyway, technically you didn't tell the truth, because there's no absolute measurement. Since big and small are relative terms, you could have said it's small, and you would have been as truthful. But of course, ultimately any answer is wrong in this case, because it's often a test. The best answer is to dodge the question entirely and just be playful and reassuring/complimenting. Tell her that it's the perfect size or something like that.
-
Jirh replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Yes, and it applies to nightmares as well and really generally in life. Our beliefs can have real but unforeseen consequences. -
Jirh replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Carl-Richard Alright, no problemo. I just want to restate that I actually like you even if we are disagreeing strongly. You're one of my favourite people on this forum. Much love. -
Jirh replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
This way of thinking has the tendency to create self-fulfilling prophecies. Emotionally impactful dreams have higher chances of coming true just because we allow them to, whether it's a dream or a nightmare. -
I've known some narcissistic men in my life. They tend to emit high energy, although completely fake and inauthentic, but it seems authentic to the core, and those who lack depth fail to see that. Most girls like high energy, but they cannot distinguish toxic high energy from healthy high energy. The way narcissists usually operate is they try everything to put themselves in a position where most girls will likely look at, leadership roles and things like that, so they can get easily noticed. And once they are there, it becomes easy to hoard mass female attention. Being the center of attention is their most preferred place, it's their playground and comfort zone. Their strategy is simple, but genius, they mass bait girls by giving sexual signals, and once a girl catches the signal and gets hooked, they pull back, and now the girl starts chasing thinking that she's chasing a high value man. They do that to all the girls they find attractive. However, what breaks the narcissist is a girl that doesn't take the bait and doesn't chase him. He becomes obsessed with her, because to him, her rejection is an indicator of his failure and unworthiness. So, he returns to the same baiting dynamic, only harder this time and more focused on that one girl.
-
Jirh replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Human Mint 😴 -
Jirh replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
You have quite a lot of beliefs about this topic. I wonder how many of them actually come from direct knowledge, if at all. In any case, I will suggest again that you document your psychic experiences and keep them to yourself if you want. Then you will have your evidence. No matter how much you try to hide something, if it's real, it will leak. No one is that perfect at hiding truth. Besides, we're already invaded in our privacy by the big companies. So they must know our secrets, and if they knew, they would leak them somehow. There's only one explanation for why there's not even the slightest traces of psychic phenomenon, and it's because it doesn't exist. Very simply. -
Jirh replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Yes, it is difficult, because obviousness here is defined mainly based on feeling or intuition and subjective personal opinion, which is impossible to align between a small group of people, let alone 8 billion people. Everything is possible. Anything can be true. I could be a bird typing with my beak. Who knows? And so what? We can speculate and keep guessing infinitely. That doesn't get us any closer to truth. Speculation and guesswork is the foundation of pseudoscience. I'm not interested in that. No, I don't think it's technically possible to feel other people's energies. I think that we make guesses based on familiar patterns from memory, and these guesses may or may not align with the reality of the other person. We may feel the guess, depending on how sensitive and open we are in that moment, but we can't technically feel the other person, not really. The better someone is at making good guesses, the higher their empathy is considered to be. We may disagree on the labels but, that's alright. In that case, I don't think psychic phenomenon is real. As long as you can't really tell apart a psychic telling from random noise with any amount of certainty, then it's not real, and you're imagining it. How about this? The next time you experience a psychic telling, write it down immediately. Post it on the forum if you like. Own it. Make it public. Poke my eyes with it. Don't leave any room for doubt. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It's alright. I see no problem with that. I mean emotional sensitivity like closeness, intimacy, and deep familiarity with something. You're doing fine. I actually find your posts a lot clearer and easier to understand and digest that Carl's posts. -
I wonder what would happen when back-end stuff comes into the picture. For a simple portfolio website, it seems fine. But for more complex integrative apps, I doubt it will be as easy. There are many details that need to be set manually to connect the different parts of an app together. And debugging is not so easy even with the best AIs. I guess we'll find out soon.
-
It is great, very artistic. I like it. Oh no, relax. It's not stealing. GitHub is free, and developers use it to upload their code, track changes, and to showcase and share with others. Yes, that is good. It has clear UI and easy UX. No problem. I'm happy for you too. May it mark the beginning of more success! Good luck!
