Tristan12

Member
  • Content count

    618
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tristan12

  1. @Gianna oh lol that's cool, by the way A L E X is Alicks' alt account
  2. @Vincent S okay thanks. I do plan on moving to a tropical country in the future so that could work out well. I'm only just starting to become a lot more serious about my diet so I still have a lot of diets to explore and figure out which is best for me.
  3. I'm saying I want to move away from that stuff so I am looking for healthier alternatives
  4. Hotel Neon (Ambient)
  5. Endless Melancholy (Downtempo)
  6. 4lienetic (Downtempo)
  7. Alaskan Tapes (Downtempo)
  8. So beautiful. I really love this
  9. Alicks (Downtempo)
  10. That's a good point.
  11. Pretty much anything by these artists is good. Not sure about the powerful stuff you want but these artists are gentle and chill. search up their albums and playlists if you like it
  12. I guess that's why so few people awaken. If you are happy with your normal every day life then why would people care about finding a deeper meaning to life? Why go through all the difficulty of awakening? That's why I feel like a lot of the people who awaken go through a lot of suffering in their lives beforehand which is what leads them to it.
  13. @Gianna I don't know. I would have to have direct experience to fully understand what you're talking about and then to see how I feel about it. But it's interesting.
  14. @Gianna But if reality exists as a singularity then technically it is alone, right? If it is not alone then are you saying there is something else? Or are you just saying that viewing reality as 'alone' is a human perception but once you directly experience Oneness and God there is no feeling of aloneness? Even if you don't feel it technically you are still alone if everything is One. It's hard for me to speak about beyond human understandings and perceptions because I don't have direct experience of this.
  15. Technically God is alone because it is everything and so it is singular and there is nothing outside of it. It doesn't mean it feels lonely, it just physically is alone. So I'd say Leo is right when he tells people they are alone but he should make sure they know that he means alone as God and as the Whole, not just alone as a single person, like what solipsism says
  16. Ultimately self-love at a basic human level (not at a super-transcendent spiritual level) comes down to your relationship with your emotions. Your emotions are the core parts of yourself, so if you avoid and dismiss how you feel, you will not have a good relationship with yourself. Think of yourself as the parent and your emotions being a child, and then how you feel about and towards yourself is how your emotions feel about you based on the state they are in (if they are stuck in trauma) and also how you treat them (if you abandon them or be fully with them). Generally the main reason you would have a bad relationship with your emotions to begin with is because they were hurt and separated from you in childhood, and now they are stuck in that pain, and so your emotions are in a shamed and hurt state already (which you feel because they're your emotions) and then when you avoid or run away from your emotions it just makes it worse (you as the parent ignoring the hurt child) and that leads to spirals of shame, self-hate, etc. This is something that affirmations or rationalizing to yourself about won't fix, at least at the root, because this is strictly an emotional matter and about your relationship with your emotions. If you want to genuinely feel true love towards yourself and not have some fake bullshit cover up like what you mentioned in the beginning, this is what you need to focus on. Everything you feel is valid and there for a good reason. If you don't understand why you feel a certain way, it doesn't mean the emotion is invalid, it means you don't understand where it is coming from and you're not seeing the root of it. Therefor when you go against your negative emotions and treat them like an enemy, you are hurting yourself. What I would recommend you to do is start learning about emotions, childhood trauma, etc. so you can get an understanding of where your emotions are coming from and why you feel the way you do. Then you will start to develop empathy and understanding towards yourself, you will be more accepting of your difficult emotions and not push them away so much, and then that hurt child inside of you will feel a bit more loved and you will improve your relationship with yourself. Ultimately to heal completely and genuinely love yourself you will need to heal and process whatever blocked emotions you are holding within you. Without that, parts of you will always be hurt, you will always be stuck in a state of shame to some degree and you won't be able to have a very good relationship with yourself. Also, don't pressure or expect yourself to love in this state. It's not realistic for you right now. You are better off being more accepting and understanding of these hurt emotions you are feeling, not trying to force them to change or be loving and positive. Just doing that alone will improve your ability to love, counter-intuitively. Also, you can check out my youtube channel if you want a place to learn about this stuff. Good luck
  17. Yes, generally people will to hurt others as a twisted way of getting their own needs met, which happens when they have been emotionally wounded, left with unmet needs and denied the love they need. Basically their needs weren't met the first time around so subconsciously they resort to more twisted and distorted ways of trying to make it happen. A person who has had their needs met in a healthy way and who has been given the love they needed throughout their life wouldn't be the type to actively try to hurt people. "Those who are hardest to love need it the most" - Socrates
  18. "You're such a dork." or "They took you to school in the short bus, didn't they?" or just roll your eyes up at her. When a girl a being stupid, sometimes the best thing is just to say nothing and give her "the look". When all her friends come over: "Hey I didn't know the circus was in town!" This one kills me We should start a thread of witty lines and jokes so that people can pick and choose ones that they like to build up a collection of witty lines like you talked about in your how to get laid pt 3 video
  19. No, you don't have to let "the system" tell you how to help people. I 100%, wholeheartedly agree with this. If you want to help people as much as possible then use the alternative healing techniques that you find to be the most effective. Don't just be another product of the system. The techniques of standard therapy today barely help people compared to what's possible
  20. I struggle with this too. Just like you said, I waste hours every day pacing back and fourth just thinking about things. My mind is obsessed with it and its so hard to get myself to stop. I have a lot of trauma and blocked emotions that I am trying to work through and heal and its extremely obvious to me that this is what is creating this obsessive day dreaming. Its common for the mind to become obsessed with thinking as a way of avoiding the difficult emotions that are trapped within you, because they make your normal present experience so uncomfortable Meditation has not solved this for me either, nor do I expect it to, at least any time soon. I've been meditating an hour a day for 2 years now and my thoughts still race like crazy. I know what I need is to heal my trauma and release my blocked emotions because that is the only thing that will solve this problem at the root
  21. Is this like the faceless men from Game of Thrones? Where they say "a man has done this" rather than "I have done this", because they seek to become nobody