Husseinisdoingfine

Member
  • Content count

    6,512
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Husseinisdoingfine

  1. One of his best political commentaries. I will say, on politics, Professor Dave is actually really good. Better than Destiny, if anything.
  2. This is a tribute to Leo's recent blog post. https://www.actualized.org/insights/more-conformity-examples Post more examples of conformity, and discuss it here.
  3. Watch this video from 8:48 to 15:56.
  4. @Leo Gura I am not a Marxist because I view Marx's analysis of the progression of history as too materialistic and doesn't take into account how ideas are important in the shaping of culture and governments. Furthermore, I agree more with Max Weber's rebuttal of Marx. Read, The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism, by Weber. But, I think Karl Marx's historical analysis has some truth to it and is not completely wrong. But it leads to him making incredibly foolish analyses of other countries class structures. Labeling the Indian caste system as the "Asiatic mode of production", mistaking it as a mere replica of European feudalism or as a mere economic structure. But the Brahmin class of Indian society was a class without any wealth, it was purely a religious authority. Marx refuses to take off his Western minded materialist lens and look at these societies and their structures as for what they really were, which were religious orders. Everything is the cause of or caused by material conditions for the purpose of economic production. But, Das Kapital Vol. 1 was one of the most profound books I have ever read in my life. It took Marx and Engels 10 - 15 years to complete volume 1, and just reading it alone, the effort really shows.
  5. May I please ask which book? I've personally only read the following; Das Kapital (Capital) Vol. 1 Manifesto of the Communist Party The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte Theses on Feuerbach The last three on this list were from this edition: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-communist-manifesto-and-other-writings-karl-marx/1100318389?ean=9781593081003
  6. @Leo Gura I appreciate your recent blog on Marxism. If you want a really rock solid understanding of Marxist economics, then I highly recommend you read volume I of Capital. The link below is where I bought my copy, its considered the most "pure" English translation. This edition cannot be found on Amazon, and if you buy from Penguin Publishers or something like that, then its not going to be considered as true to the original translation. https://www.intpubnyc.com/browse/collected-works-of-marx-and-engels-vol-35-vol-01-capital/ But I definitely 100% recommend you read Capital, and from that specific link. Its absolutely worth your time and will immensely boost your understanding of commodity production and how does a commodity get its value.
  7. He is turning the US into an Illiberal Democracy, such as that in Hungary.
  8. President Macron is lying. This week, on Sunday, a vile terrorist from the Hamas terror organization murdered Natanel Skarup z"l, who was bathing with his sons in a spring ahead of Yom Kippur. This is just one attack out of hundreds of attacks carried out by the Hamas terror organization. The terror organization fuels Arab terrorism in Judea and Samaria, and it is a significant part of it and its operations. In the face of this terrorism, we stand like a fortified wall, fortifying and strengthening the settlement, and building the security strip of the State of Israel. And I warn: the Eisenkot-Lieberman-Golan government will evacuate the settlements we established and establish a terror state in the heart of the State of Israel. Macron is waiting for this, the European Union is waiting for this, and we must not let it happen. Only strong religious Zionism will prevent it from happening. -Bezalel Smotrich https://x.com/bezalelsm/status/2102480741602922862
  9. What is Eisenkot's view on the settler movement, settler violence, the E1 plan, and a Palestinian State? Is it true that he wants to form a coalition with the Arab parties?
  10. Did anyone else here about this Israeli exposé film, NAZA? It was created by two Israeli film-makers, Yuval Abraham and Rachel Szor. It is an insider account documentary which interviews participants of the Gaza war, where those interviewed gave rather damning accounts of how careless the IDF was in causing civilian deaths. Netanyahu's response: https://x.com/EyeonPalestine/status/2099635277132128726 https://www.youtube.com/shorts/knPyDCPbCPs Ben-Gvir: https://x.com/itamarbengvir/status/2099201895340622202 Other Israeli reactions: https://x.com/MiddleEastEye/status/2100613981698167037 https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8U4QYt5PgRU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw4P96z3H8Q
  11. Then please make it like one of your good old fashion couch blog videos that you used to do. https://www.actualized.org/insights/my-political-awakening https://www.actualized.org/insights/conscious-capitalism-bs https://www.actualized.org/insights/why-bernie-sanders-lost
  12. Apparently the Houthis are winning strongly against Saudi forces, and even managed to take the Perim Island, and the Hanish Island. Now strategically they are able to control the Bab el-Mandeb Strait.
  13. What is the purpose of Ra'am other than just an Arab protest party. Is there a party in the Knesset which just solely serves as an Arab grievance protest vote party? And does Ra'am's vote share basically just stay the same every election cycle? I can only imagine it does because if you're not Arab, you have no reason to vote for them.
  14. Are you still out of health reasons or principally against drinking? What about if someone does it really rarely, like if they're out with friends? I for example only drink if I'm out with people, I never do it just because.
  15. I thought you didn't drink?
  16. We will archive his works and preserve his teachings for generations to come.
  17. Way more people died in the following Iraq war, and have already died in the current Gaza war and yet Americans act so hung up over this one terrorist attack. We lost two towers, so what? The vast majority of the Gaza strip is completely flattened, and Iran recently had a girls school bombed.
  18. How are the Arab parties viewed by Jewish Israelis? Ra’am, United List, and Hadash. Are there Jews who vote for Arab parties, such as Ra’am and Hadash? I have Israeli TV (don’t ask why), specifically channel 9. And it lists three groups as; Coalition, Opposition, and Arab Parties. Is Hadash part of the opposition or Arab parties?
  19. So, the gist of what's going on in my life is that I am making the switch away from mathematics and STEM and into something that is more practical and suitable for me, something in which I am naturally talented and have a chance of succeeding. I have changed my major to a softer major, sociology. The problem is that sociology is not really a marketable degree that will necessarily land me a job. This leads me to the "moving forward" section. In your video from, I believe, 5–6 years ago, "Should You Go to College?", Leo highlighted that one of the alternatives to college was a serious dedication to self-education. I'm afraid to go down this path because of my family and the pressure they put on me. I come from an intellectual family where, in our mindset, the only way to succeed is with a degree. Most of the older people in my family have either master's degrees or Ph.D.s. I don't have the courage to tell them that I am going to pursue self-education while doing a B.A. in Sociology. Another thing I fear is myself: my laziness, my ineffectiveness, etc. One of the reasons I switched from physics to sociology is that my procrastination and horrific lack of time-management skills caused me to fail Calculus II. The weird thing about calculus was that it was never that difficult. It really wasn't. But for some weird reason, I could not be bothered to simply open the damn textbook and read it every day. Why? Why do I have such an issue with discipline and time management? Why wasn't I making an effort, at least every week, to open the damn textbook? I scored a 97% on my first Calculus II exam. But after that, I just... stopped. Why? Why did I stop? Psychologically, I just did not have it in me, and I totally lacked the discipline to just look at the damn textbook, read it, and do the damn assignments. Even my physics professor told me, "Well, Hussein, I don't think the problem is your intelligence or intellectual capacity, not at all... The main thing I'm concerned about is your lack of discipline." Why do I lack this discipline? I've read books on how to be more disciplined in college, and yet I cannot be bothered to do the mere basics required to succeed. Is this because, deep down, I don't like what I do? This takes me back to why I am afraid. I'm worried that if I go down the self-education route, then I'm going to slack off again. I'm also worried that if I try to train myself in computer programming to build a passion project, my skills will be rendered worthless due to AI.