blankisomeone
Member-
Content count
953 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by blankisomeone
-
No, do not read this one. Not enough practicality to it
-
"Mindful Dreaming: A Practical Guide for Emotional Healing Through Transformative Mythic Journeys", by David Gordon Take your sweet time with it. It has a lot of information to take in that absolutely have to be paired with deliberate practice and open-mindedness. The book should be read with your whole body, not just your analytical mind. But don't worry if you don't know what that means, the book will guide you towards that end. The book might rub you the wrong way at first by coming off as too esoteric, but like I said, take your time with it Also, if you don't keep a dream journal, what are you waiting for? You can't get into it without having some dreams recorded in a journal, and that will take some discipline Yes, we absolutely can.
-
I second that
-
In your opinion what are the main characteristic that shine more the more psychologically healthy a person is?
-
blankisomeone replied to Michael Paul's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
It’s possible, sort of haha It’s like visualization. When you do it right you ACTUALLY do it. Like, when you visualize yourself in a place YOU ACTUALLY GO THERE. You don’t “imagine” the place... you ACTUALLY go there? I was playing with “imagination” once... I was trying to really SEE a bird. I imagined myself ACTUALLY seeing the bird. Then I put on some audio of birds fluttering their wings. I closed my eyes and LOOKED at a bird, effortlessly, I wasn’t forcing anything... And then I got to a point where I swear to fucking god, that if I had a little bit more power the freaking bird would materialize right in front of me right then and there... The bird wasn’t “in my head somewhere”... It was sort of taking form right out of my consciousness and it was in “physical space/field of consciousness”, dunno how to describe (It happened quick though, I wasn’t able to hold it for long because I got too excited and distracted) -
blankisomeone replied to Michael Paul's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Oh god the real vs. not-real debate again... -
blankisomeone replied to Wilhelm44's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
Let's agree to disagree and let us both have a good night. I love that! -
blankisomeone replied to Wilhelm44's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
@Blackhawk Open your mind Ego transcendence is possible. And it's the ego that wishes for 50 big houses for itself You not being alive when that time comes on Earth doesn't equal "not possible" Without ego, one house suffices. The rest of your energy is spent on sharing love and wisdom, not coming up with ideas on how to get 49 more houses. You really think that's not possible? Why is it so far-fetched to you -
Lady Gaga in a concert in Russia risking getting thrown in jail.
-
blankisomeone replied to Wilhelm44's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
In a love based society no devil would want freaking 50 big houses -
blankisomeone replied to Jaci's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
ask him to kill that elf looking woman next time she shows up -
blankisomeone replied to Wilhelm44's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
Love-based economy -
k
-
You absolutely have to read “recovering from emotionally immature parents”. I don’t know to what degree your mom is emotionally immature, though... The book will help you clarify But I read that book and now I understand my dad a lot. I’m still mourning what I didn’t get with having him as a parent... I’m still struggling to accept there’s not much I can do to help him… I see my dad as a grown-up bratty kid now... What I used to think was just part of his personality I now understand comes from deep suffering. It’s really bad. Can’t rely on him for emotional advice or advice with my life purpose or anything really...
-
ok dude think whatever u will...
-
Jeez... You’re not responsible for her punching you. What are you doing to yourself?
-
I wanna get into psychedelics, but I wanna have a solid understanding of what it’s about first.
-
Honestly, I don't even bother suggesting that video anymore haha! He never does it
-
I'll start off by saying that my dad has a very difficult personality to deal with. He won't stop smoking around me and others. It bothers me tremendously. He's as stubborn as a mule about this behavior and takes every boundary people set on him as a personal attack as if his smoking habit is an intrinsic part of who is. "I've been smoking since I was 14! Don't expect me to stop now", he says. I've been telling him that I do not like it when he puffs cigarettes near me for as long as I can remember, and it just does not work at all. I've also tried to express my concern for his health, but he just doesn't care about health. In one ear and out the other. Lost case. "Bro, I went to the doctor once. He did this test on me and said my lungs are as good as new!". And he always goes on muttering boomer-style about the fact that back in his day he could even smoke in busses without anyone on his ass, and that nowadays people are so soft. When my mother asks him to stop smoking around her, he goes "When we met, I already used to smoke a lot and you never whined about it, and now after 30 years of marriage you expect me to change?". My dad grew up in a very dysfunctional family and still goes through a lot of family issues even today. It's impossible for me to help him and I am for sure not willing to anymore. I've tried. And all that happens is I get pulled into the drama and it distracts me from so much. Disgusting! Or I get into arguments that will solve nothing, only make both of us stressed. His psychology is too complicated and fucked up. Life threw him more than his share of shit. He is high on neuritism and compassion. He's extremely compassionate. He's always smothering people with his desire to help even when people do not want or need his help. I can yell at him, disrespect him, ignore him, and he won't be mad at me for long, because he's too compassionate. Give it half an hour and he'll forgive me. He won't discipline me or try to resolve the issue, instead he'll just bury it. That's how my relationship is with him since I was little. 9-year old me would boss him around and he wouldn't mind. He is very scared of death. Very paranoid. He overreacts to things that aren't even a threat, which sort of rubbed off on me a little from my growing up around him. As we grow up, our bodies learn what to be afraid of and what not to be afraid of partly based on our parents' reactions to stimuli. If your parents keep their cool under stressful situations, your body mirrors them to assess the situation and understands that you can calmy address problems and doesn't send off signals of anxiety over the smallest of issues. I'm grateful for the awareness I have of this dynamic and for my meditation practices, which have helped me a lot in navigating this sea of neuroticism that runs in my family. Now back to smoking. He still walks into my room smoking. Sometimes he even laughs at me when I get mad at him for smoking! "Chilll, dude, I only stepped one foot into your room to talk to you, my cigarette hand is outside." He just doesn't understand that the putrid smoky STENCH permeates the entire freaking house the second he lights that shit. The mere sound of the double flick of the lighter sparks off anger in me sometimes. He even makes me believe that I am the one who's being petty about this. And that I'm the one who should just open my mind to his destructive habit. Ridiculous. I've punched him square in the face many times in my mind. And it's honestly a miracle that I haven't actually done it. Heck, if I did it, he'd forgive me anyways and wouldn't stop smoking anyways haha. Lost case, guys. Lost. Anyways, I'm just pouring my heart out here.
-
Do you also feel that or is it just me? When I stare at a computer for too long or I read books for too long, and then I go outside, reality feels FLAT. Like there’s no depth, no distance. And I sort of feel too big, so that if I look at a much much bigger mountain than me, I kinda don’t feel the enormity of the mountain in relation to me. It feels flat. Or when you look at people and it feels almost “pixelated” or FLAT lol Like the actuality of life fades away and it feels flat It always takes a while for me to readjust to 3D reality when I stare at screens or books for too long I WONDER IF THAT’S JUST ME??
-
MURICAAAAA??
-
Dad?
-
blankisomeone replied to tatsumaru's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I mean nothing is hidden, not even nothing itself lol So the "place" where thoughts "come from" is not a hidden place... It just comes from NOWHERE, which is right here. People make up a bunch of theories as to where thoughts come from -
blankisomeone replied to tatsumaru's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
they come from no whereeee. Nothing is hidden -
I should seriously start looking into that.
