PenguinPablo

Member
  • Content count

    1,391
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PenguinPablo

  1. @TrynaBeTurquoise i've done plenty of this but it seems like unless i dont get some level of actual, direct exposure is a more immediate way to face this issue. perhaps not at the root cause, but certainly prevents me from avoiding it in some sense. so perhaps a mix of both... being on this gradual desensitization protocol, combined with lots of meditating on the feeling which will inevitably arise in quite an intense manner.
  2. Doing something badly, is better than doing nothing at all. Procrastination is a bitch and at the end of it all a half-assed attempt that takes moments to do, is better than something you never did or took too long to do. A start is a start. Even then, when you give yourself permission to do something badly, creativity is unstifled, so the work is likely better than your cynic mind expected. Wonderful that you got this insight.
  3. I think I've been out 2-3 times since I made this post. Will leave notes for me to reflect on, to get some constructive advice from others, and to hopefully help others dealing with similar issues. I am working with an anxiety workbook I bought at a bookstore. Will come back later to give field reports so to speak. Also, if you're here to criticize or leave primarily judgmental remarks, please I don't want anything to do with that. I know this is an intermediate step on my path in life. A bit superficial in some sense, but I believe it is an essential one that cannot be skipped.
  4. @28 cm unbuffed yes, i dont care too much about the SA anxiety either and fighting it feels contrived... its just my counselor said that my SA is REALLY bad but I'm okay generally speaking in spite of this, I dont see it as an issue. .... i wonder what is the best option. i wonder if I am BSing myself when I could force myself to do some of these things and it will have good long term effects. thats precisely why I made this threa, so people can point out flaws in my reasoning and help me avoid my own traps/
  5. and... it tends to snowball and carryover into my important aspects of my life like school. Getting depressed, angry, and consequently not very functional. I know this is all rooted in trauma from being ignored. But I cannot keep relying on others to give me the attention and validation I want especially since my mind probably fixates and exaggerates these things. This causes me immense suffering. And I truly must overcome this soon. or maybe the best way to say it is: feeling unloved
  6. orange bcus i always gets caught up in it
  7. @Bridge to Infinity i was having the same issue for days. only mobile worked for me
  8. So more like Theravada? Thai forest tradition - would look into these guys
  9. I remember RSDTyler talking about this a long time ago. Said girls were too ADD to appreciate a good guy and needed more spikes in emotion. Similary, with attachment style paradigm, it's that "anxious" dynamic between individuals that leaves us craving for the other persons attention and we confuse that with love.
  10. A fool is not someone that doesn't know, rather a person who simultaneously doesn't know and walks as if he does.
  11. know-it-all-ism / aka "The need to be right."
  12. @Elham special for sure. moments like this is what i live for. thank you for capturing that.
  13. @Leo Gura good point. like talking to a science university professor. very much high in intellect to be sure but for the most part dismissive of any mysticism.
  14. I think you are correct. What you said is not wrong. Meat, especially red affects your frequency.
  15. I do this too spontaneously when I’m under a lot of stress. Stress and all that Try doing some metta meditation an send good will towards yourself and others
  16. Buddha warned about this. Being apathetic and ignoring the world is not enlightenment. It’s aversion masked as “enlightenment”.
  17. @GGG there’s reasons to be sure. You must for yourself evaluate the drawbacks of it and eventually you realize it’s not that great.
  18. @pluto excellent work boys
  19. @Hardkill Leo is below average in looks. He is unfit, skinny, looks like a nerd, is a nerd, and worst of all he is bald. He still made it work. How? HE DEVELOPED HIMSELF into an attractive man. The reason why some people can approach 10000000000000000000 girls and still not get results is because they are not making adjustments to their approach or putting any thought into it, and lastly becoming more authentic. Going through the motions is not enough. He have to put some thought into it. Be honest with yourself. Simultaneously you have to let go of the emotions and attitudes holding you back. It is certainly possible to take a class at college 10000000000000000000 and fail every time. You have to change the strategy. The outer game AND inner game.