Olaf
Member-
Content count
1,108 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Olaf
-
@AtmanIsBrahman I agree that taking care of your looks is good. Yet, I would say looksmaxing is taking things to the very extreme. Just get a decent haircut, cut your nails, take a shower, get some good clothes, basic hygiene. Yet plastic surgery? This is insanity to me. It is almost like guys have become girls and they want to look like pretty girls, trying to seduce with their looks. Owen is right on this, you might hate or like Owen, but he is right that leading with looks and money will make you beta. Alpha guys will lead with frame, with game, with energy, with being more confident and in flow than the next person. Not only that, you will outcompete any pretty guy easily if you have good energy, good game. Most "pretty" guys, have no fucking clue how to talk to women. They never needed to learn any social skills, never needed to learn how to deal with rejection, how to build confidence, how to get into flow state and remain frame, pass shit tests etc. This is all being lost on some stupid looksmaxing and I bet that Clavicular versus Owen, that Owen would win every single time on a night out, cause you might hate him and there might be a lot wrong with him, but he has been doing this shit for 20 years and will steal all the women from Clavicular if it came down to it.
-
@Ninja_pig I agree that mindset is a big factor, but I also think mindset should involve a change in energy, not just thinking differently. I think energy is what matters when meeting people. When you're anxious and come across as stiff or afraid, that's an energy issue that a mindset alone won't necessarily fix. Rather, it takes action, especially action toward overcoming fears, such as the fear of failure, rejection, or being rejected in public. Julien's work on letting go is also a powerful way to let go of these fears, basically the stuff that keeps you away from naturally socialising with everyone. That said, if your mindset is, "I'm him. I'm the shit. Every girl loves me," it can certainly help override those fears as well, but I wouldn´t say it´s enough or not enough for everyone , at least.
-
okay everyone, keep it respectful, don´t insult eachother otherwise I will report your posts. Talking about eye contact, just as @LordFall says, some people radiate life. Now that is exactly what happens when you have good eye contact, you radiate life and people are attracted to this and this is through building confidence and being in a flow state or even pumping your state. It makes your eye contact not forced, where you HAVE to look in the eyes forcefully, which is control and fear mostly. It should be natural, this aliveness, that shines through you and that makes people want to talk and engage with you. You spark them with your spark so to say. But if you feel very bad and you look someone in their eyes, of course they are not gonna go smile back at you, they will look at you the same way. Almost "law of attraction" or rather state transference. What you feel the other feels. So if you feel like shit, they are gonna feel like shit when looking into your eyes. Therefor I said, it isn't about the eye contact, but that the eyes convey the spark better then anything else, that spark in you, that aliveness, but also social energy, that is what is contagious and radiates through the eyes. Hope this makes sense, if you have something meaningful to say or add to this, let me know. I don't want to hear any nonsense, unless you want to make some joke and add some value in a funny way, that is fine, but please keep it respectful as well.
-
@Hojo Are you getting into nonduality?
-
I would still choose S&P 500 over gold, but I also don't live in America, where they might print much more aggresively. The euro is my currency so for me S&P 500 would be better. It is where I have most of my money in.
-
@Hojo I don´t know what the hell your saying hahaha
-
@Nilas I can imagine Bitcoin or altcoins feeling like a big risk, which it is lol, I might be more of a gambler at heart. No investment is truly safe, like the S&P500 could go south, but the idea that an investment has been quite steady upwards for around 50 years makes me more relaxed investing in it. Gold is also good, but just a bit slow, like to me, Gold is very conservative, almost no risk, but also the gains aren't crazy, but always better than keeping it in some savings account.
-
@ladelle I thought about this business model for a long time, but ultimately decided not to pursue it because it feels like a get-rich-quick scheme. It's similar to dropshipping or many of the other online business courses where the creators make more money selling the course than they do from dropshipping, affiliate marketing, or whatever other method they promote as a way to get rich. Sometimes the best way to make money is simply to focus on something you genuinely care about, your life purpose. Maybe take a look at Leo's course on finding your life purpose. I think that would be much more aligned. I did dropshipping for about six or seven months, and I hated it every day. I made some sales, but I never became consistently profitable. I ended up losing a lot of money. I think I lost around 15,000 euros in total on dropshipping. In the end, it just felt like a waste of time because these courses create more competitors, making it incredibly difficult to succeed in an industry like that. Imagine competing against businesses making a million dollars a month, with employees working day and night, who have been doing this for five or six years. Do you really think you'll outcompete them in six or seven months? It's a very difficult game to win. I've been in dropshipping communities where I saw people find a winning product, make $50,000 in a month, and then never find another winning product again, leaving them back at square one, because winning products only work for 1 to 2 months or so. So even if you do succeed, it often isn't sustainable in the long term unless you build a personal brand. Sorry for the rant about dropshipping, I know you were talking about affiliate marketing, but I think many of the same problems apply. People have been doing it successfully for years, so how are you going to outcompete them and their teams? In many of these industries, the winner takes most of the market. Just look at fast-food chains: you only see a handful of companies at the top, like McDonald's and KFC. You don't see all the businesses that failed: you only notice the winners. To be the next McDonald's is nearly impossible, especially with no capital, employees, or experience.
-
@Nilas For long-term investments, I diversify my portfolio. I have higher-risk investments, such as certain altcoins and Bitcoin/Ethereum, as well as more conservative investments in the S&P 500, gold, and silver. Ultimately, it's up to you how much risk you want to take. Personally, my portfolio is about 70% conservative and 30% high-risk. I've taken risks that completely wiped me out, so high risk doesn't always mean high reward, although it certainly can. Waiting for a dip could be a good strategy. Now that Bitcoin is in a bear market, I'm keeping some cash on the sidelines so I can invest when the trend reverses, which could happen at any time. I've also heard people recommend simply buying every month, even during a bear market, so you don't miss out on a potential bullish reversal. I think that's a good approach as well. You could spread your investments over 12 months into whatever higher-risk asset you want to invest in. I didn't follow that advice. I bought Bitcoin at its peak because I was inexperienced, and I had to watch both the market and my investment decline for six months. I wouldn't recommend doing that.
-
@cle103 You might go 3 months into this and fail, but then the question is: does it matter? Like obviously, you are gonna grow more in those 3 months, than working a 9-5. If you are okay to spend 3 months and lose, then I would do it. If you have some high expectations that in 3 months you will be super successful, well, entrepreneurship isn't a 3-month trial period. It might take a year to get something off the ground, if not longer. 3 months could be all you need, but more realistically, it would be something around a year. Based on your savings and relatively low monthly expenses, you could give yourself a chance for a year. Not only does that teach you patience and perseverance, it is also a more realistic timeline.
-
When I woke up today, I felt like shit, as I was watching the football game with Norway. I was for Norway, but they fucking sucked, jeez, it was bad. Anyways, today I wasn't in the right mood, couldn't get myself to be productive whatsoever. But instead of giving up, I smiled, I laughed and went through the shit, just sit it out and keep going, which led to one of my best days. I feel that anyone is gonna have bad days, but that isn't an excuse to keep it bad. I feel that if you keep going, going a bit longer even on whatever you are trying to do with your life lol. Whatever you are working on, that if you keep going on those shitty days where you just want to go home and sleep and say fuck you world, I don't want to talk to anyone. Yet if you keep going and you smile, you laugh, you will have a breakthrough moment. On good days, it is easy, yet who cares about easy good days? We can all win if we are having a good day, it is more interesting to win on bad days as that SHAPES you. That makes you realise that nothing can stop you, not your bad/tired/grumpy mood, neither the world and outside circumstances. Keep going, in the end the secret to success is simple, keep going, yet the execution of that principle is hard, who can keep going on a bad day with a smile? If you can, success is within reach.
-
@Schizophonia I like how your profile picture is promoting monster drink lol
-
@UpperMaster sure, inner healing is important. How would you say you would approach a bad day nowadays differently then before? I am curious
-
I feel that hooking is the most important part of socialising as without it, you are not even having any conversations or proper conversations, asking about the time is not a real conversation, lol. People like Todd v talk about the technical shit when I think most guys can´t even get people to open and open properly. So a hook is not just a line like "You! Ca Va?", this is technically a hook, but if you have the wrong energy, it doesn't work. The hook can simply be eye contact, when you socialise a lot, your eye contact becomes very steady and hooks people. Also when you socialise you can get into social state which opens conversations. Now peacocking is also a great way to hook people, simply peacocking, people open conversations with you, but also makes people be interested in what you do. I don't peacock like crazy, but wearing a hat that no one wears and some brighter shirt that makes me stand out from the surroundings. Not peacocking at all is doing yourself a disservice: maybe if you are naturally attractive, that can be equal to peacocking as it gets attention on its own. The idea with hooking is that you stand out from the environment, in an walking environment, standing still or running is hooking, while in an environment where everyone is standing still, walking is hooking. I think deep down you already know how to get attention, but that rather you are scared of getting so many eye balls on to you. Which is just part of your growth, to learn to be okay with people looking at you. After you hook someone, you got their attention for a moment, you need to close the door. This is like the sales pitch. Attention is quite cheap, but to get them to stop, you need a bit of a sales talk, could be like "no no stand here, because xyz" and many people on here know I do magic, so an example would be "you are from britain? Oh you guys love magic, stand here to represent britain" now don't copy my lines, these lines mean nothing, it is about some reason, can be even a funny or stupid reason why they have to stop. In fact funny and stupid is always good, self amusement, funny, non logical reasons are almost always better at hooking then some serious logical request. For example I can say "what are you eating?" the person says "a hamburger" I say "that looks disgusting" now saying this seriously would be very bad, but when you are playful, social, this could work perfectly fine. One of my funniest hooks was when I let something fall on the floor, the girl looked at me, I was holding my laugh and holding eye contact with self amused eyes, while picking it up and then told her to come closer by my hand gesture, without saying anythin. This is not "proper" game technique lol, but you will find out that anything funny, disneyland like, will work better then some serious, rational thing or even then some good well thought out line. And of course I was fully in state, so anything could work at that point. So the problem with hooking is mainly serious energy, which is basically the energy of being afraid and needing validation, you can't hook people properly. It needs to be fun, funny, non serious, playful, serious equals transactional energy, takers energy, like you are a leech, not a contributer. Think about it like this, you want to be a spreader of good fun or good playful vibes, with everyone, not just girls per say. It is easy to hook someone in a club, but during the day, hooking is much more challenging and makes it fun and challenging to get them to stop. So in short, you hook people with MAINLY your ENERGY but also with eye contact, an interesting activity, something funny/fun, your looks (naturally good looking or peacocking), your words and what you say are just a tool to make them extra hooked, but words alone are never enough. During the day, you have to make them stop and close the door, giving a little sales pitch of one to two lines why they have to stop and invest in you, don't make it too serious though. Doesn't mean you have to qualify yourself, you just need a good enough reason for them to invest in you. I don't like to use false time constraints as that makes it feel rushed, if you say "just two seconds", they are not hooked, they feel you just gonna say something quick and then leave. While hooking would mean you stop them and they don't feel like they want to rush or go somewhere else, so take it slow, take your time, never make them feel rushed. Something engaging can also be enough reason for them to invest into you, doesn't mean it has to be overly salesy, for example "my grandma had the exact same hat. She is hilarious and a bit annoying" like anything engaging, whatever the fuck comes to your mind, don't overthink it. If you have anything to add to this, let me know. I hope this helps someone out.
-
Olaf replied to Zeroguy's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Joseph Maynor I never said the I AM is ego, I don't know where you got that from. The idea that you are always in the I AM and never acting from ego is the biggest mistake I see in the spiritual community, I know too many spiritual people that think they are holier then thou and it is annoying to even hang out with them, as everything they do is perfectly divine and never flawed or selfish. Because how are you gonna reflect on yourself if you constantly think you are in the state of I AM and nothing human matters anymore? -
Olaf replied to Zeroguy's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I would say the "I AM" as Gods being, is real, but then at the same time if you get too deep into that. Then you easily become some zen devil guru. Most of us are still in survival, because we are not willing to die and even if you are willing to die, you have a bunch of ego and bullshit. So I see myself rather as human then a God, remaining humble, but to say that I am not God at all is also too flawed, you're essence is God, everything is God, but also a big part of you is human and ego and survival mechanisms in to place trying to sustain the body. God doesn't have to survive as it is dead, it is nothing and everything. Anyways here we go into the deep rabbit hole, if you go too deep into it, you will start to sound like some guru speaking from his high horse. -
If you are willing to die for your purpose, the number one question that comes forward is, how do I leave more impact? If you anyway are willing to risk your life for a purpose, then donating 2 euros feels like throwing water in the ocean. I actually think a lot of rich people feel the same, they feel there is no reason to donate as it feels like throwing water in the ocean. Impact doesn't have to be big, in the sense of impacting the whole world, every living human being. That of course is impactful. Michael Jackson would be the first person coming to my mind, he had the greatest width of impact, everyone knew Michael and he really brought healing to the world with his music, no swear words, no nudity, just a pure God given angelic voice and crazy dance moves. You can tell I am a Michael Jackson fan hahaha. So impact can be like Michael where your art reaches far, or it can be depth. Which means, what would deeply change someone's life? An example could be, helping someone to become financially independent, not giving them money, but helping them to be financially free. That has a huge impact, but so is helping someone with their confidence, helping to heal people with mental illness etc. These all are very impactful, but there are much more things that are impactful. A good question could be this. What would impact your life right now? Instead of focusing on helping others, you might have to undergo a journey yourself first. This also avoids bypassing, as you are addressing the problem in your own life instead of being distracted by helping others. So sit with this question. What would impact your life right now? Would it be to heal? To take a certain risk? To go all in? To become financially independent? To live in alignment? Whatever it is, whatever would impact your life right now the most, when you overcome that, you can help others do the same.
-
@LordFall It is interesting as I have the exact opposite idea. I feel instagram is a waste of time as most of these people aren't really serious, imagine coaching someone who is addicted to tiktok? Kinda hard. Now instagram is the lighter version of tiktok. I do agree that the possibility of dming on instagram is awesome. Me and a friend of mine would run a business on instagram about dating, we couldn't get to find one proper person from instagram to coach. Now of course we stopped that business and are no longer friends due to private reasons I won't share online. When youtube you have much better and higher quality people, which also requires much higher quality content.
-
I think that overconfidence happened to me until I met the masters of my craft. If you think you are any good at anything, meet someone who has been doing it for 30 years. You will realise how much of an amateur you are. Sometimes I get frustrated at certain goals I want to achieve, until I see the people who have been doing it for the longest time. Then you realise some things can't be learned in a year or even a few years. They take years of mastery, maybe even decades. The fastest way for me to grow was being humble and realising how bad I am at something. Let's say you want to start YouTube. Realise how fucking bad you are at YouTube. Mr. Beast said, "You need at least 100 videos made before I'm even going to help you and give you any tips." The idea that you will be great on the first try, or that you can be good in 100 or even 1,000 tries, is just a lack of volume. To be excellent at something takes a massive amount of volume, and only through a massive amount of volume, either by putting in years of time or by increasing the amount of time you invest each day, can you become excellent. Realise how bad you are at any given skill. I don't care if you are a national champion at whatever you do: there are people way, way, waaaaaay more proficient than you. Find them and meet them in real life. You will be shocked. You will become so humble. You will realise, "I didn't have bad luck with my results. I simply was bad. I simply needed more time. I simply need more decades, more years, and more time put into it." And if you are really humble and intelligent, you will learn from the pros and take every word they say seriously. Really, really look at what the fuck they do and ask them as many questions as you can. As Hormozi says, skill is the most important thing: "if you suck at shit, nothing else really matters." And also quoting Hormozi, saying: "do so much volume, execute so many reps, and stack so many attempts that failure becomes statistically impossible." This is what it means to put in decades into one area. If you do something for 30 years, you probably are going to be better at it than 99.99% of the people. Yet are you willing to put in 30 years? Even half, like 15 years? I think if you are not, then why even try...
-
@LordFall quantity over quality is good for instagram, you can literally post 100 videos on ig, get one winning concept and stick to it, this is literally how most viral pages work, they just tried a bunch of shit, one goes viral, they just base every video on that winning concept. On youtube it is more complicated, you need a few hours to work on your thumbnail alone, I am using chatgpt to help me with bettering my thumbnail, which helps allot, aswell as editing most of your video. I make around 50 mins of content on youtube then edit it down to 18 to 20 mins. This takes maybe 8 hours of editing. Not to forget to have something interesting like pictures or some other stuff in your videos. If you don't do this, either by great charisma or amazing organic content, you can grow. The problem is my organic unedited content almost never got views, so I am sticking to editing my videos even if it takes me 8 hours longer, I know it will get me atleast 100 to 3000 views. Instagram is much easier, but also a bit pointless as most of these followers are shit, like tiktok followers, they don't mean shit, they have very low attention span.
-
@LordFall I have had a couple of times seen people much further ahead of me in specific areas and talked or befriended them and everytime the same thought came up `I am bad at this`. You realise what real excellence looks like. It is humbling and makes you not be blaming everything and everyone else, thinking someone was `lucky`, what the hell does luck even mean? Imagine Messi just relied only on luck, we wouldn't have known his name, because talent and luck without hard work is nothing at all.
-
@Asayake yep smart plus hard work, actually it is harder work, because you are using your brain, just repeating something endlessly anyone can do. Maybe you can even say it is being conscious, as most people are unconscious and durping and therefor almost never seem to use their brain. If you work a job for a while, you probably have no need to use your brain in the first place, because you can do everything drunk, that is how easy most jobs are, with exceptions.
-
@integral you make it sound like you got some quick rich or quick famous scheme idea, but if it is that good, then why haven´t you succeeded yet?
-
@integral Honestly, ideas are worth nothing, unless you have some super easy to copy business model that will make someone rich or famous in 2 weeks, then I wouldn´t worry about revealing it. Most business ideas take months, years, maybe even decades to workout and if I look around me, I am the only one doing something else then a 9 to 5, most people are not even having the ambition to escape the 9 to 5. So this fear about revealing you´re business idea unless they can be successful in 2 weeks, is just irrational, also don´t put too much importance on ideas, it is about execution. My dad always said he had the best ideas, yet he never did anything with any of these ideas, it is just mind play.
-
My nephew was a professional poker player, but he quit after a few years. I never asked him about how much he made, but I think he did pretty good, but now he is working a job again lol. I saw something about card counting where they make a ton of money, but then get banned from the casino. I have worked for a lottery company myself and I am disgusted by gambling, so I would never gamble, at most buy a lottery ticket on new years or something.
