Will

How To Have Insane Purpose Like Elon Musk

7 posts in this topic

I would think that someone like Elon Musk , is an inspiration to living a grand purpose in life..

From what my limited knowledge is of him he sat down and decided when he was in his early years about what things would make the most change in the world. 

My quandary is how would I go about doing this for me, or should I not bother and just focus on my self actualization?

I am currently working through Leo Life purpose exercises, But I am also trying to take in day to day learnings from multiple other sources and also keeping track of any  issue that may come up and or I might want to have answered.

And work and live at the same time..

I think I may be getting confused today..

I don't think Elon Musk is a psychologically healthy guy, or a good role-model for how to live your life.

If life is an RPG, he dumped all this skill points into the career/achievement skill tree. And while that looks cool from the outside, from the inside is feels like shit. And he's gonna have much suffering and regret because of it.

You should seek more balance. You can still be very passionate.

Whatever you decide, the life purpose course is the best way I know for how to realize it. You just gotta decide how hard you want to it. If you went full-out with it for 20-40 years, you could do some really HUGE things.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2015/09/29/elon-musk-needs-a-vacation

An emotional Musk grew misty-eyed during parts of the interview, and reflected on the toll that running SpaceX and Tesla has had on him.

“So once you have the company you have to feed it and nurse it and take care of it even if it ruins you?” asked his interviewer.

“Yeah,” said Musk with a shake of his head. “Can we just break for a second?”

@Leo Gura Could pursuing enlightenment prepare one to go down such a path without the suffering, or does it not work like that? Would balance still be necessary for satisfaction at that point? Or would enlightened people simply not tend toward such things?

I would seriously ask the question "Why do I want to be like Elon Musk?", "What do I believe I would have by being like Elon Husk, that I do not have right now?" "What are the deeper reasons for me wanting to be someone like Elon Musk?"

I think Elon Musk is a smart man when it comes to making money, will he ever be happy? I dont think so, so he builds a multi-billion dollar company, sells that, starts another company, it grows like a weed, now he has 2 multi-billion dollar companies, and working on a third, does this man take the time to enjoy life, maybe later, but doubtful.

This guys character and values show some real red flags for his future and may not be aware of them until its too late.

Not quite sure how to handle all the responses here..

Firstly thankyou..!! All your perspective made me instantly explode and force me to rethink.

So far I have.

I agree Elon has some fantastic attributes  but as a whole there may be some downsides.. To me he has allot of great passion but I do feel uncomfortable , that maybe some of his drive maybe coming from a place of fear rather than joy.. I.E. fear of AI.. Kinda feels like he has the same fear in him as darth vader.. best intentions but may end up being harmfull..

so is he happy Maybe , I dont know

will it come back to bite him in the ass, possibly..

But he is, a massive warrior, just hope his foundations are there..

plenty to learn from ..

would I like to be him..? In some respects.. certainly not for the money or power or the toys.

however you want to label him he is an agent for change and growth..

I dont know if we need to many more of him but I think his presence is a great opportunity for us to learn allot and grow allot.. 

Thanks for any input.!!