Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexop

Wheat products are creating a public health crisis

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Go to every western oriented restaurant and half of the menu is pasta and pizza. Sugar porducts are seen by the public as being desert or "bad food" but most people perceive meals that contain 70-90% processed carbs from wheat as being "food". That is the problem. And wheat is addictive! There is no debate here, and I don't see a strong informational campaign that will stop this shit soon. Basically everybody is stuffing their mouths with wheat every day and those who have good genetics remain thin until a certain age, the rest gain weight straight away from childhood, of course depending on how addicted they are.

Edited by Alexop

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Alexop said:

And wheat is addictive! There is no debate here

It seems like you have already decided that you would not accept counterarguments. Was this post supposed to be more like a journal entry? We have a Journalling section for that. 

You could further distil your arguments if you want the forum to comment. Start with why you believe wheat is unhealthy. You seem to hint back to wheat repeatedly, which makes me assume that there is something in wheat that, if removed from processed food, would render the processed food....healthy? Less unhealthy? 

So the question is, Why is wheat bad? What is the evidence? What is the argument? 

Otherwise, the tone & the overarching theme of this post seem rather childish. "I am angry at the world because the world does not bend to my will; I blame evil corporations, greed and sugar."  

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Otherwise, the tone & the overarching theme of this post seem rather childish. "I am angry at the world because the world does not bend to my will; I blame evil corporations, greed and sugar."  

There is some frustration in the middle. Maybe it will fit more into the journal section. I debated it enough, if people don't agree, so be it. Just want to share what I observe but it is strongly related to the health/society.

Edit: And I disagree that a forum should be only about debate all the time. People can come and add over what I said. Debate is more childish than a honest expression of an observation. Stop playing the role of the disciplined policeman. Move my post where you believe it belongs, DM me so I know next time and that's it. 

Edited by Alexop

I am a trainer and physical therapist, I talked to hundreds of people about their eating habits. Some were addicted to sugar products of course, but also a lot of pastry addiction, pizza and pasta. ALL the overweight clients were eating shitloads of carbs in some form especially wheat and sugar. Deny my point no problem, just that I won't join the debate.

30 minutes ago, Alexop said:

. Some were addicted to sugar products of course, but also a lot of pastry addiction, pizza and pasta. ALL the overweight clients were eating shitloads of carbs in some form especially wheat and sugar.

That's true, overweight & obese people tend to eat a lot of processed food which is heavily based on processed wheat flour, sugar and fat. Granted, no argument at all there. But as a therapist & a professional you need to be precise and accurate when demonising major food groups for your clients otheriwise it makes you seem like an amateur. That's all I'm saying. 

The answers are probably deeply rooted in people's environment, habit, psyche and upbringing rather than sugar addiction which is more like a consequence of somethign else. 

Anyway, I'll let this go, thanks for the response. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

29 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

The answers are probably deeply rooted in people's environment, habit, psyche and upbringing rather than sugar addiction which is more like a consequence of somethign else. 

I Agree. Now i don't think it is a chemical addiction, we can call it bad habit if you want. Wheat has a lot in common with sugar: it is tasty, fast, cheap, available everywhere, kills hunger, versatile BUT also more socially acceptable. Anything with these qualities can have addictive proprieties to wounded, depressed people. Thanks and sorry for the arrogance, it is a sensitive topic for me because it is my job and I feel unable to help because of this shit food culture.

It's all good man, it takes a lot of willpower, education and support to get oneself off that stuff. A lot of people are vulnerable and easily exploited not just by unhealthy food manufacturers but also charlatans on the internet. As a fellow health therapist, it is one of the things that fuels my desire to do better. All the best to you and your practice :x