Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Leo, your prediction about Sinema's political career was right

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

I gotta hand it to you again, Leo. You called it right about her future as a politician or more so as a lobbyist.

On the thread I made a while back on here, "Senator Sinema is no longer a Democrat" I said: 

On 12/11/2022 at 4:11 PM, Hardkill said:

....Sinema switched parties to try to improve her electability.....

Your response to that was: 

On 12/11/2022 at 4:22 PM, Leo Gura said:

I doubt she is doing this for reelection. She's not likely to get reelected as an Indie.

I then said: 

On 12/11/2022 at 4:46 PM, Hardkill said:

Then, it sounds like she’s really planning on not being a senator after 2024, and probably wants to be some kind of lobbyist.

Your reply to that was:

On 12/11/2022 at 10:13 PM, Leo Gura said:

Very likely. That's what many centrists do.

Just today she announced that won't run for re-election because of how toxic Congress and has stated that she knows that she has no clear path to winning her seat again:

We're also pretty sure that she's going to be a lobbyist for some disgusting corporate elites who have been eating away more and more of our democracy.

I mean to be fair, she did do a lot of good things during Biden's first two years as president. However, she turned out to be one of the least trustworthy Democrats in Congress. I actually would say that in a lot of ways she was less trustworthy than Manchin. At least Manchin was much more communicative and upfront about who he was and he also belonged to a very deep red state. Sinema was mostly incommunicado with the people and news reporters and belonged to an increasingly blue state. Why couldn't she have been more like her jr. Arizona Senator counterpart Mark Kelly? I know why. It's because unlike Mark Kelly she ultimately sold her voters out by deciding to constantly suck off her rich elite donor pigs.

Now, even though this will leave her US Senate seat open, this is actually very good news for the progressive Democratic candidate Gallego, because Sinema will no longer become a spoiler for him. Also, Gallego will be going up against the psycho MAGA queen Kari Lake who already loss against AZ Gov. Hobbs in the 2022 AZ Gubernatorial election. So, this is actually looking really good for the Democrats in 2024 who need to both keep that Senate seat and replace Sinema with a more no-nonsense progressive such as Gallego. Don't get wrong, I am not expecting Gallego to keep his promises, but he certainly seems much more of a down-to-earth true left-winger who really wants to fight hard for his people, but in a pragmatic, reasonable manner like John Fetterman in PA.

Edited by Hardkill