Buck Edwards

Ethics and Morals (your spiritual journey)

1 post in this topic

What's your general opinion on ethics and morals? Has your spiritual journey made you more ethical in your dealings or has it softened your views on ethics and morals? How has it influenced your outlook to it? Have you become less judgmental or have you become more judgemental to the idea of ethics and morals? 

In my spiritual journey and contemplation, I am often hit with insights and realizations. My latest realization is that love and compassion, vulnerability and non- judgment are significantly more important than ethics and morals. A lot of spiritual communities are infested with spiritual and moral ego. 

Sometimes I think that people who care too much about ethics and morals do so out of social insecurity. 

This does not mean that one should be lax with ethics and morals. It's just that we could be sidelining well being in order to keep things ethical. 

I want to ask this question to most serious spiritual seekers/folks as to how your attitude or thought has changed in this subject matter on this path.