Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thittato

She doesn't like my use of Ayahuasca

1 post in this topic

I'm in Brazil as part of a pilgrimage to drink Ayahuasca. I live in an ashram for 3-months, having a break from my life in Europe, and here we have regular ayahuasca ceremonies as part of the schedule together with other activities like yoga and meditation. 

So in this ashram I've met a woman I have very strong chemistry with, and we have been dating for a month now. However, for some strange reason she is very sceptical about ayahuasca, even though she visited this ayahuasca center (she came here for massage therapy).

So her sceptisism has been turning into a problem for us. She can be pretty unreasonable too, questioning whether I'm addicted to this stuff and so on.

I really like her, and there is very strong chemistry between us, but this issue is almost turning into a deal-breaker.

We are going to spend our 3rd weekend together in a row this weekend, staying in her appartment from friday to monday, and we have a lot of fun stuff planned. I know this is probably going to become an issue again at certain phases of our interaction that will probably almost feel like breaking-points of our relationship.

I'm wondering for this time if I can rather try to navigate our conversations and activites around other things rather than accepting intellectual explorations around the phenomena of ayahuasca. I'm a reasonable and responsible guy, so I give good explanations for everything she is asking about, but her sceptisism and negative attitude remains no matter how good explanations I give.

Any tips on what to do? It is pretty sad that what would otherwise almost have been a perfect relationship, or the start of a really good relationship, can be sabotaged by such a silly disagreement like this.

If she had not been such an awesome person in so many other ways it would have been impossible to tolerate her ignorance on this topic, but it is hard to let her go just because of this when I like her so much.

Edited by Thittato