Rafael Thundercat

Writing better: Part of the Personal Develpment path

1 post in this topic

Well, I posted recently one about how to think better by writing more. And in this forum what we do more than anything is 

Writing a lottttt...

So I will share something that may be of awareness o meny here but is always good to remind. Paragraphs  for good readablitity. 

About the good grammar forgive me, english is not neither my mother neither Father language,

So, with the help of our Demi-God Chat-GPT I got this very simple guidelines. I hope it may serve some of our most active writers. Mainy the ones who have preference for Long Sermons.

Here it goes: GPT speaking below

Knowing when to start a new paragraph in creative writing is both an art and a science. Here are some key guidelines:

• New Idea or Topic: Start a new paragraph when you introduce a new idea, topic, or point of view. This helps to keep your writing clear and organized.
  • Change of Scene or Time: In narrative writing, a new paragraph signals a change in scene, time, or location, helping the reader smoothly transition from one setting or moment to another.
  • New Speaker: In dialogue, begin a new paragraph each time a different character speaks. This is crucial for clarity, making it easier for readers to follow the conversation.
  • Emphasis or Impact: Sometimes, you might start a new paragraph to give emphasis to a particular sentence or thought, creating a dramatic effect.
  • Lengthy Paragraphs: If a paragraph becomes too long or dense, it may be time to start a new one. This can help maintain reader engagement and improve readability.
  • Remember, these are guidelines rather than strict rules. Part of the beauty of creative writing is the freedom to play with structure to achieve your desired effect. As you write, consider the rhythm and flow of your text and how paragraph breaks can enhance these elements.