Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Self Discovery

Is this a clear enough life purpose?

1 post in this topic

I'm 24 and for the last 5 years, I've been on the road to discovering my life purpose. I've gone through the Life Purpose course twice. First time in 2018, then again in 2021. The second time i went through it, I locked myself in a cabin in the woods for a week and went through the whole thing. I recommend this. 

And I must say that it is an excellent course and worth the money. I have gained a lot of clarity about myself and what I want from life. I've learned that I'm fascinated by human behaviour, as well as the process of creativity and learning. I love helping people overcome challenges and blocks in their lives.

I've discovered that...

My strengths are:

- Social intelligence, the ability to connect with people fast.

- Curiosity and interest in the world. I love learning.

- Appreciation of beauty. (I've always had a visual eye. drawing, photography and filmmaking have been passions of mine since I was a kid)

My main passions:

- Understanding human behaviour and social dynamics

- Public speaking, presenting ideas.

- Filmmaking

- Personal and spiritual development.

My ideal medium: Workshops and live events.

My zone of genius: Public speaking.

I'm good at speaking in front of a live audience and presenting valuable ideas in an engaging, educational and entertaining way.

I'm on the path of mastering public speaking. I'm building a YouTube channel where I share my ideas through short visual essays which helps me improve my presentation skills. I'm also a member of Toastmasters. And I'm working at a primary school, teaching as a way of making money right now. 

So I'm on track with building those practical skills. 

The issue I'm running into is the impact I want to have on the world. I know that I want to help people expand their minds and evolve, but this is way too vague of an impact statement and doesn't give me the laser focus I'm looking for.

2 impact statements that have been on my mind for the last few years...

- Helping people connect with reality through increasing their capacity to learn and be creative. 

- Helping primary school kids see the beauty of reality through learning and creativity.

Both of these statements feel authentic to me, although I'm hesitant to niche down to helping kids only. I feel like that may limit me from sharing my deeper ideas.

My life purpose is down to one statement: I teach live workshops and coaching, helping people increase their capacity to learn and be creative.

I sense that I need to drill down some more with this though. Can you guys help me get more specific about what this would like as a career and provide me with some external perspectives?

Of course, @Leo Gura since you made the LP course, your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :)