Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

The perverse incentives of podcasts that has to change.

3 posts in this topic

Take the following list of podcasters here, what do they have in common?

Interestingly that Charlie verbally addressing the Mr. Girl drama, but...

No mention of the Mr. Girl drama here. Why?

Exception to Lex Fridman because the Destiny report came after this podcast, but again skips the deep research, recklessly platforms someone who benefits from farming drama from open relationships and is an admitted sociopath is risky to me, and lack honor and integrity and careful research into who you want to platform and interview. Also, side note, Lex and Mr. Girl did message and had some conflict prior to the podcast between Lex and Destiny.

IMO ironic considering the Mr. Girl drama is the MOST CONTROVERSIAL due to if the implications are true that he sexually abuses female streamers and open relationships for more clicks and views. For instance the Bob7 drama and the Anna drama, and a few more with other female streamers due to Melina and Destiny, just so conveniently and coincidentally happens to be organic, also just happens to be the more vulnerable and more mentally unwell female streamers. Also capitalism and neoliberalism ideological takes.

And several other podcasts I could list. So what's the most common?

That they platformed a sociopathic streamers/online gamer/political commentator, who has potentially used open relationships and dates mentally unwell females to organically farm drama and content, a risky move given that they haven't done enough research and what dramas he was been through. Notice that most podcasts that aired with Destiny is post Destiny report(which I suggest reading and doing your own statement analysis of) and post Mr. Girl drama, as I covered in my body language thread here:

So why is this common practice for most low brow podcasts? Why is there this perverse incentive to host some high name online celebrity for clicks, views, and audience capture and retention and osmosis, for profits, despite the immoral implications that maybe some of the dramas were true? Is it because of capitalism and neoliberalism, of how big tech companies monopolize by social media design, by designing more addictive online content, by using algorithms to hyper curate content to user biases creating echo chambers of ideology, by creating hyper stimuli content via scrolling and click bait thumbnails and titles which hijack the brain limbic system to create more cravings for more digital content and drama, by flashy sensational clips, by incentivizing bad faith sensational takes due to more views, clicks and retention whilst devaluing more mature and good will conversations? In particular, given Twitch, Kick, and Tik Tok's formats and design, that creates unhealthy para socialization, why should they choose to platform such a shady character, risking reputational lose if it's true that Destiny did sexually abuse, psychologically, maybe groomed and coerced those female streamers and also uses his open relationships to farm drama from the fallout and breakup?

IMO, and systemic view, these issues of perverse incentives will create more problems, and will retard the growth and development of other areas of the mental/physical/emotional fitness of the masses if left unchecked, including platforming a few shady characters. If Destiny, just like Jordan Peterson, is shaping up to be the go-to public figure guy for political discourse, or other complex commentary, just like Jordan Peterson and how the alt right wing love viewing and using him as their intellectual mouth piece, I feel like more extreme groups of people, some hardcore autistic rationalists, will role modal and use Destiny as another intellectual mouth piece to perverse argue and debate in bad faith, to normalize internet and online language, and other detrimental elements of the online spaces. Please raise your standards for public figures.

What are your thoughts? I she immoral, and should there be an internet government to regulate and fight against the internet/online depravity?

Interesting take, starts 1:46:00, but for baseline see how she interacts with audiences and handles some of the trolling:

It may have been a stretch from Max to warn her of talking to Destiny, it may have been intuitional. I'll have to check out the other one and do my own body language analysis of that. 

However, I do agree despite the exaggeration from Max, that yes younger teens and children that follow Destiny, due to para socialization, and normalization of trolling, hating, doxxing, harassing, sexist and misogynistic takes, as well as some racism and using open relationships and how he communicates to these women online, and if they use Destiny as their role modal, role modelling a sociopath then use most will probably develop negatively thinking and feeling in distorted ways the parents don't anticipate. Yes I agree with that because not only does it scale to the internet and online cultural degeneracy to morality and human decency, but there are also several other broad issues that interconnect to the internet.

Edited by Danioover9000

Posted (edited)

What a mess of a podcast! Shame on Lex Fridman, Destiny, and that other guy. Normand really shouldn't have debated these monkey grifters:

Destiny: "There seems to be a lot of tricky words and language employed here." Normand Finkelstein: "I attach values to my words and don't diatribe like a motor mouth!" Rock and Roll Racing 2 Red Asphalt, Motor Mouth baby! This podcast is a disaster! What a burn, best comeback line ever!!

Edited by Danioover9000