Shakazulu

10 Buddhist Precepts

8 posts in this topic

If someone takes a vow from an awakened being to follow the 10 Buddhist precepts, what’s special about this? 

On 2023-09-26 at 4:38 PM, Shakazulu said:

If someone takes a vow from an awakened being to follow the 10 Buddhist precepts, what’s special about this? 

Nothing special. Taking a vow won't help, since ego is an erratic child that can't keep to a thing even if it makes a covenant with an enlightened being. As long as you have an ego, no vows will help. Dissolve ego and no vows will be needed.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

5 minutes ago, Shakazulu said:

@CoolDreamThanks interesting and if you follow the precepts / stay committed to the vows then what difference will it make? 

I already told you that you can't follow them. But I am bored so I will just write for a bit anyway, which will probably come through one of your ears and leave through the other as my last message did. But anyway..

Let's talk about the third precept:

3. Not to engage in licentious acts or encourage others to do so. A monk is expected to abstain from sexual conduct entirely.

Let's say you limit your sexuality completely. What happens? Look at all the scandals surrounding priests. If you deny your basic urges, they will get expressed anyway, but in a much more unhealthy way. 

Also, regarding 7th, 8th and 9th precepts:

7. Not to praise oneself and speak ill of others, or encourage others to do so.

8. Not to be stingy, or encourage others to do so.

9. Not to harbor anger or encourage others to be angry.

Can you really do that? It requires perfect thought control. 

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

@CoolDreamThanks

Do you believe there is any validity in being a Bodhisattva? They say one cannot reach the highest levels of awakening without the grace of an awakened being. 

3 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

@CoolDreamThanks interesting and if you follow the precepts / stay committed to the vows then what difference will it make? 

If you follow the five fundamental precepts, you can avoid harming yourself and others. 

Just now, Shakazulu said:

@CoolDreamThanks

Do you believe there is any validity in being a Bodhisattva? They say one cannot reach the highest levels of awakening without the grace of an awakened being. 

On one hand, the actual process of awakening is done in solitude, on the other hand, a perfect master can impart wisdom that will save you a lot of time, I am talking about thousands of years here.

The issue is - I have only read two books - A Course in Miracles and the Dissapearance of the Universe, that have actual wisdom within them, and I have read hundreads of books and scriptures. Many well known works, like Conversations with God or Buddhist literature like The Mind Illuminated seem advanced and correct, but only as long as you haven't come across a true treacher. 

Regarding grace - it's already here, why wouldn't the only Son of God be blessed? But  you still need to do the work, no one else can do it for you. Remember, it's your dream. 

Also, even a perfect teacher can't awaken your consciousness, not even through Shaktipat, but he can give you an intelectual understanding, which is very useful, perhaps even necessary.

@CoolDreamThanks I agree with your statement.  An awakened being cannot do the work for you. It is my dream! An awakened being can only provide the tools ⚒️ 

everyone’s maze is unique, your solution might be completely different from another persons. 
regarding “ grace “ you hear stories of what highly awakened beings can do. Jesus is an extreme example, someone living in the materialist paradigm might refer to these activities as Supernatural. Take 5Meo DMT and those miracles might sound completely natural :)