Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackjack38

So I got some Money...

2 posts in this topic

And I am a university student. I want to read more books that can me intellectual, that is my primary goal. But I don’t want to spend too much time specifically on investing beacuse I am not that productive. I saved a lot of money that sits in the bank, and I just don’t want to lose its value in the long run. So I will give a break from intellectual reading and work towards this goal for some months. Shortly speaking, how can I start financial management to protect my saving’s value? Is this achieavable in 3-5 months?

Edited by Blackjack38
additional info

On 13/08/2023 at 10:35 AM, Blackjack38 said:

Shortly speaking, how can I start financial management to protect my saving’s value? Is this achieavable in 3-5 months?

I feel like there is a deeper question on the back of this. Is there any chance that what you're asking is: "How do I grow myself without spending money?" 

Because simply hoarding money for the sake of having "more on my account" can significantly hold you back. You don't want to be wasting but something you need to make an investment that will hurt and set you back 3 grand without even being able to justify it in the short term. - in fact the most strategic investments you will make will usually have zero immediate effect, especially when you are investing into an intellectual capital (instead of buying stuff) 

But a simplest answer is for you to find a way to make extra income to put your mind at ease so rather than hoarding you can rest assured that more is coming in all the time and you are in freedom to spend when you need to. 

If you want to be reading more without spending why don;t you just borrow books from the library or get them second hand on Facebook Market & Ebay. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus