inFlow

My experience with - Mai Ram Yoga.

1 post in this topic

This yoga is exclusive to my guru, she is the founder. She is a woman who spent 14 years in Varanasi india and was taught by her gurus.

So this year I wanted to find a guru and I just googled any Kriya yoga teacher in my city. And I found this interesting Mai Ram Yoga ashram, the only one that seemed to be legit. In January I signed up for a introduction into that yoga. You have to go through the introduction/philosophy/techniques in order to continue on with her methods. The introduction was about 2 months long, 2 times per week. It was mainly physical type of yoga postures. In the introduction I learned A LOT. The 8 limbs of yoga that were taught in-depth, Prana movement in the body, chakras, energy channels, Bandhas and breathing while performing asanas (these two are super important in this work). So after some philosophy we always ended with 1.5 hour long yoga asanas. And I can say that Physical Yoga (if done correctly, with great involvement is super effective). I actually was doing Kriya Yoga way before signing up to the ashram but consciousness growth just super-charged! You could even feel that every time that I done yoga some blockages broke through. Blocks in legs, feet, spine, neck, even in the 3rd eye area. These blocks are like twitches in the muscles, it's as if you get jitters in muscles, but it's only one jitter ant that's it you cleared that Nadhi. Never in my life I though that physical type of yoga can bet THAT powerful for you. I even experienced random Samadhi states outside of my practice, while just walking around, the mind goes into such silence. Super powerful, I defenetely recommend doing physical type of yoga in your Sadhana. If you think that you can get away with only doing Kriya's you are a idiot.

If you are doing physical type of yoga, you MUST ALWAYS hold MULA-BANDHA, JALANDHARA-BANDHA and breathe using Ujjayi Pranayama very deeply.

Also there is  UDDIYANA-BANDHA, but I cannot go into more info on how to practice this Bandha-lock.

*SUPER IMPORTANT*:

If you are not holding these two BANDHAS you are not DISTRIBUTING the energy correctly in your system and this can damage your mind/brain/psichology/nadhis. This is the only thing why doind improper YOGA is said to be dangerious. And this is why I had to go through the introduction stage of her yoga system.

Recently the past few days when I did my yoga and was on the end of it, I looked at my body and it was obvious that I'am not the body, that is just a shell that "I'am in" sort to say. This ego has it's own needs and inertia, but now I know that it's not ME and it sticks, it does not go away.

Mahadev. ♥♥♥

Mahadev