the_israelite

Relationship Advice

5 posts in this topic

Hi

this is briefly my problem and i would like your opinion of it, hopefully the answers will be helpful to other people as well

i am 21 years old and i never had a girlfriend. I started doing pick up around a year ago, and slowly started improving unbelievably with the opposite sex. As of late ive been coming to the conclusion that despite the unbelievable personal development I experienced, especially when it came to confidence, self esteem and just generally overcoming the shy introvert within,  I had arrived at the conclusion that what I really want is a long term relationship and i cant seem to maintain one.

over the past year i have dated around 15 women (which is amazing since until than it had only been 2) and I Have got quite good at attracting them at least in the beginning but every time it seems that one of 3 things happen:

1. The girl bores me to death and i immediately think of how to end it. (this happens the most and i just feel that all the girls have the same dull personality)

2. The girls is WAY too attached and i am not feeling comfortable in her presence

3.    The girls that I do enjoy their company, and i enjoy their personality nver feel the same towards me, and end up losing any attraction they had after around 3 dates

Is it all in my head?

am I too needy?

should I just be more patient and try again?

I feel as if these things come much easier to other people and i would really appreciate your advice!!

ps. sorry for the mediocre english

You are looking someone to fulfill you outside yourself. You need to be complete first and then you will attract someone who you a) either fall so madly in love with that you are willing to work with YOURSELF to overcome the issues b) someone with whom it is very easy to be with most of the time or both of these. Hopefully both of them. :)

@Dhana Choko Thats an interesting thought, though i dont feel as if I cant be happy without a relationship. I have been doing personal development for many years and I feel as if understanding the opposite sex was the next phase in my personal development, and not the main goal. My happiness and life goals always came before. Also i would love to understand why i find most women to be dull and boring, and why these negative thoughts keep coming up.

also thank you for the advice, it is well appreciated :)

The "boringness" is probably an attribute in your own consciousness that you are blocking and not accepting to be part of yourself for some reason :) 

You are definately too needy :)

An u sefull thing to do could be asking the "cool girls" why did they lose interest in you. Assuming that you can handle possible answers...

Edited by MonikaBcn