Siim Land

Manage Time Effectively, Stop Being Busy And Get More Done With Less Time

1 post in this topic

Time is one of our most valuable resources in life – you don’t want to waste it. What’s more, if you know how to manage your time better you would also be able to do more of what you love. 

The main principle to mastering your time is not doing more stuff but doing it better.

Here are the 4 main time-management strategies 

Principle #1 Prioritize or Be Made Posterior 

The most fundamental premise of time management is prioritization – focusing on what’s most important. It all comes down to knowing what you want to accomplish and then directing the bulk of your efforts to achieving that.

Principle #2 Be Efficiently Effective

There’s also a big difference between effectiveness and efficiency. 

• Being effective is about doing the right thing – i.e. your micro-focused actions leading to your macro-purpose. 
  • Being efficient is about doing things right. This is pure resource management. You can be very good at putting out fires but it doesn’t mean you’re getting any closer to what you want.

The core idea is that you have to focus on doing the right things – the things you want to accomplish – as well as possible as to save time and energy.

Principle #3 The Principle of Least Effort 

What this premise entails is doing the least amount of things for the highest yield of return. The trick to being more productive is to learn how to get more done in less time, without sacrificing quality.

The most important questions you have to ask in here are:

• What is the ONE activity that would make everything else a lot easier or insignificant?
  • How much time would I save if I did X and where could I put it to greater use?
  • Which of these activities grants me the highest rate of return? But is the effort required to achieve those results worth it?
  • How can I reduce the amount of energy I exert while still maintaining the same amount of quality? Do I have to optimize my work process or improve my skills?

Principle #4 Addition Through Subtraction

The principle of deduction entails you approaching your activities VIA NEGATIVA. It’s the art of addition by subtraction in which you’re supposed to first remove the downside before attempting to increase anything.

In the context of time management, you would want to via negativa your activities like in the example of the Principle of Least Effort. Don’t pick up the newest and coolest productivity tricks and tools if you still have loopholes in the fundamentals i.e. the principles mentioned in here.

Check out the video for more details

Thanks!
Stay Empowered

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w